Hopefully will get to talk to the Cardiac Surgeon tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieB

Hey all-

Just an update on me. I went to see my cardio this morning as I am having some really difficult fatigue, brain fog, fuzziness and generally not feeling well. My BP was up for me - 150/90, and I had the results of the CT Angio I had yesterday. I have a mild coarctation of my aorta it seems. So they got good pictures of that. But it's getting more and more difficult to get through my work day. And, I did total my van last week I think due in part to my "spacing out" while driving at times. Since that happened I have only gotten behind the wheel of our other car once.

So I told my cardio this this morning. I am not feeling well.

She ordered a cardiac cath for tomorrow morning.

She said too, afterwards, you will likely get to talk to the cardiac surgeon who is on call and you can start to ask your questions.

All I know is I am ready to tackle this. When my disability kicks in I only have 8 weeks of pay. I am eager to get some answers. Right now I have a headache because I can't have caffeine until tomorrow after the procedure.

Ugh.

Maggie, welcome to VR. By now you must know that your symptoms are familiar to many of us. I think the first one I noticed was fatigue long before the other symptoms appeared. You mentioned the caffeine. I didn't like the idea at first but I did feel better when I stopped using caffeine. If you do continue to have caffeinated drinks you may want to consider dramatically reducing the amount. On the good side, I was surprised that with my first meal after surgery I was offered coffee. It tasted quite wonderful and even better it did not produce any of the problems it was causing before hand. Take care.

Larry

Hey all, I am so tired today after my cath. It went well. My coronary arteries are fine, clean as a whistle.

My husband and I were able to talk to the cardiac surgeon a bit yesterday and ask some preliminary questions while I was recovering from the cath. Leaning toward mechanical, though still quite afraid of what life on Coumadin will be after surgery.

So very tired today. Feeling so weak. Have to make it through work next week and not sure I can do it.

Thanks for your posts - will keep you all in the loop.

Maggie

I'm glad your cath went well. Sorry you are so tired today, before you stopped caffiene the other day, were you drinking/eating alot of things with caffiene? Did they sedate you for the cath?

I'm curious, I know the fact you had a gastric bypass had you concerned if that would make managing coumadin any harder, what did the surgeon have to say? It will probably be helpful info to have here since I'm sure others might have the same questions.
Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

Last edited:
Maggie -

I encourage you to look over the "stickys" at the top of the Anti-Coagulation Forum thread listing for lots of 'real world' experience living with and on Coumadin / Warfarin. With proper management, day to day living is unchanged for most of our members. Going OFF Coumadin / Warfarin for invasive procedures / other surgery, is usually done by "Bridging" with twice daily injections of Lovenox before and after the procedure while your INR is lowered and then raised back to your target range. Good Management is the KEY to successful living with anticoagulation.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back