Home Monitor Questions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Regarding using my monitor - I poked and didn't enough blood and got and error - no problem I can handle that, but after a minute (first poke had stopped bleeding) I poked again in a different spot on same finger as the first poke, of course the first poke started to really bleed better than the second poke so I used that sample from the first poke I made (hope that made sense) - is that okay? Like it wouldn't make much difference in the reading, would it? :redface2:

Another question I have is: do your finger tips/sides get tough after a while when using a monitor? I now have my finger stick poke setting on 4.5, I started off at 3, but lately I can't get a good sample on the lower number or am I doing something wrong? :confused2:

Thanx everyone

Ideally you should have re-poked on another finger tip....the INR result probably won't be much different,
but I know that you and/or your doctor are fussy with results that are slightly off.
My pokes are always on my fourth and fifth fingers on my left hand and I don't notice any thickening,
but I only test every 2 weeks over the past 3 years. My lancet is set at 3.5 using yellow slicers....I love my blood....it's pretty. ;)

I started using my pinky - bleeds really well! Never have to poke a second time - I have mine pen set around 3.5. When I used my ring or middle finger I had to use a greater setting and would bruise.

Use all my fingers, rotate each week. When I used the Autolet, set it on 5. For the last 6 months been using Unistik 2 Extra, no adjustment on that device. Real handy little thing. After sticking, hold my arm down all the way for a few moments and usually have a nice drop of blood.

Latest posts

Back