Hello again...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themalteser

Time flies (when you are having fun!) It's been a long time, and I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I see @pellicle remained so dedicated to supporting patients like you and me! Respect, Pellicle! I also see there are so many new members, which is great that people are looking for support and that they are finding it in forums like this one.

My circumstances thus far have remained fairly stable. I started exercising quite a bit, perhaps a little bit too much at times then I worry a bit after. I go to the gym, lift weights and challenge myself a bit, but I enjoy it, and it helps me remain mentally healthy, which is extremely important. I also try to do other stuff like Yoga, etc. Furthermore, I am also in the process of a career transition to health psychology to support patients like most of us.

I hope that I can contribute much more to these wonderful forums in the future. In the meantime, I hope you remain positive and healthy (physically and mentally), and if there is anything I can do to help, please message me directly or through the forum. I will receive notifications and log in to answer.

Themalteser.
BAV, Ao Dilation, Yearly check-ups.

Thanks so much for your update. I'm glad that you're stable and it seems that you are feeling aright. Do you take any medications? Looks like people with regurgitation are prone to systolic hypertension, but then some have normal BP even on severe stage.

Thanks so much for your update. I'm glad that you're stable, and it seems that you are feeling aright. Do you take any medications? Looks like people with regurgitation are prone to systolic hypertension, but then some have normal BP even on severe stage.
Hello Luckier, how are you doing? Thank you for your message! Yes, I take Irbesartan 300mg and also propranolol delayed 40mg daily every morning. At times, I also have to take Amlodipine 5mg, but I don’t take this too often. My BP ranges quite a bit, but typically, it’s below 140/80; however, sometimes it does shoot up slightly more.

My circumstances thus far have remained fairly stable.
Good to hear

Thanks for the kind words

images.jpeg

Best Wishes

Hello Luckier, how are you doing? Thank you for your message! Yes, I take Irbesartan 300mg and also propranolol delayed 40mg daily every morning. At times, I also have to take Amlodipine 5mg, but I don’t take this too often. My BP ranges quite a bit, but typically, it’s below 140/80; however, sometimes it does shoot up slightly more.
I am quite alright. The initial shock from knowing my condition was harsh, but now it has receded. Also I'm almost starting to believe that I will evade warfarin in the end thanks to the Foldax valve or other options. And the possible future surgery itself seems to me more like a space flight now, not a calamity.

I am quite alright. The initial shock from knowing my condition was harsh, but now it has receded. Also I'm almost starting to believe that I will evade warfarin in the end thanks to the Foldax valve or other options. And the possible future surgery itself seems to me more like a space flight now, not a calamity.
The initial shock is terrible. 2009 was when I first learned about my condition, and for years, I was a mess. Today, I get a bit ‘worried’ when my appointment is close, like I have one this week, but apart from that, I try to “forget” about it. As you mentioned, surgery has already advanced and will continue to advance!

When did you find out about your condition? And is it BAV and Dilation you’re dealing with?

The initial shock is terrible. 2009 was when I first learned about my condition, and for years, I was a mess. Today, I get a bit ‘worried’ when my appointment is close, like I have one this week, but apart from that, I try to “forget” about it. As you mentioned, surgery has already advanced and will continue to advance!

When did you find out about your condition? And is it BAV and Dilation you’re dealing with?
It's BAV with mild AR and borderline dilation (40 mm), which is small for my height. I learned about it more than 2 years ago. Funnily, for the first year I was calm about it, but then it suddenly grew into a strong depression, first in my life, and then a really bleak year passed. Before that I almost thought that depression was an invented condition, lol. The good side is that probably we won't have a strong depression after the surgery, since we thought it all through beforehand. Now I just keep it at the back of my head. The turning point I think was when I stood on a high cliff couple of times contemplating, and decided that I rather want to live like a normal person and have a good chance of doing it. Stoicism was really the way for me. I was overtained too and took some symptoms for a heart failure from the disease.

Last edited:
Back