Does Fluorouracil 5%Cream interact with warfarin?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeelover

Hello Valvers, I've been prescribed Fluorouracil Cream 5% for precancerous spots on my face. I'm supposed to use it twice a day for two weeks....Does anyone know if this cream interacts with warfarin? anyone have advise or an experience with this?

Does anyone know if this cream interacts with warfarin?

Maybe, as it has known interaction with p450 (important)
However dose of the chemical will make a difference

P450 is one of the things doing the disposing. If that disposal is blocked then the toxins build up ...
anyone have advise or an experience with this?
My advice is to track your INR a bit more closely and see if at the usage rate you are using it has any influence on your INR.

By knowing your usual dose (perhaps dose range) for your target INR you'll soon notice if it means you need to take less warfarin.

Best Wishes

Last edited:
Hello Valvers, I've been prescribed Fluorouracil Cream 5% for precancerous spots on my face. I'm supposed to use it twice a day for two weeks....Does anyone know if this cream interacts with warfarin? anyone have advise or an experience with this?
That's a question for your cardiologist. My cardio wants me to tell them any time I take a new drug. His nurse gets back within a day to tell me. I also always ask the doctor when they prescribe something new if it will interact with my warfarin.

Latest posts

Back