cost of my Inratio2

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country

So i find this pretty interesting.....

I ordered an Inratio2 from Sterling Medical way back in Oct 2010. They are in my ppo network and my out of pocket was maxed out for the year, so i figured it was the perfect time to order one! and i recieved it shortly after.

funny thing is that i never recieved a bill!!! and it was never ran thru my insurance. it has been 7 months and i have never seen anything... heck i even ordered more strips from them.(my ins denied payment for paperwork errors on ster med's end of things) but i havent seen a bill for the meter!

I firgure that it is worth about $1500 and that they would want some money for that piece of equipment!

I recently looked at my ins account online and there it was on my profile! 7 months later!! and man i was wayyyyy off! the bill for the meter and 12 strips is $5100.00! just for the strips they have billed $355!

it will be interesting to see what the insurance will "adjust" it down to. at this point i feel that they will cover all of it from last year!

does this seem high? how much did you all pay for your meter and your strips?

Mr. Google tells me that they list for 1638 but sell for 1365. I have a Coaguchek XS for which I personally paid 500, including a small vial of strips. Six I think. I buy the new strips forty eight at a time for 200ish.

I bought my INRatio out of pocket, which saved $1,000, and then filed an approximately $1,600 claim for reimbursement with my insurance company. (In addition to the monitor, I also purchased the wall charger & a small box of strips.) I bought my INRatio through the-then QAS, which is now affiliated with Alere, I believe.

Mr. Google tells me that they list for 1638 but sell for 1365. I have a Coaguchek XS for which I personally paid 500, including a small vial of strips. Six I think. I buy the new strips forty eight at a time for 200ish.

You can't compare prices in Canada to those in the U.S. You're probably not going to get a CoaguChek in the US for $500.

i just cant see how they justify charging that much more for the unit..... they are in the ppo network for my insurance and i am sure that the ins comp will adjust the price.

the only thing sterling medical has to do is the paper work and then Alere ships the stuff right to me! amazing how the prices grow!

Of course, if they claim the meter is $6000 - a 20% copay of $1200 will probably meet the ACTUAL cost of the meter.

It would be nice if the supplier - who hasn't billed and apparently didn't get an okay from you or your insurer before shipping - wound up eating the cost.

Mine was right around $1500, that was in Jan 2010. Strips are $74 for 12. That is what they bill my insurance, and they cover it 100%. The "cash" price is exacty double. My mom is a home care nurse in Canada, and the exact same machine there is a little over $500 Canadian Dollars. *cough* RIP OFF *cough*

Latest posts

Back