Celebrating 10th Re-birthday Today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Cake and ice cream, please! I call it my re-birthday because 10 years ago today I had my life-saving heart surgery, with an at-the-time still fairly new Medtronic Freestyle (porcine, stentless) replacing my extremely leaky aortic valve and badly enlarged aortic root. After 10 years, it and I still seem to be getting along with each other and doing well. There are no warranties, of course but I hope we can continue on this good course. As it is, I have been blessed to have enjoyed so many good things in life (grandchildren especially) over the first 10 years.

You are now double digits! That is fantastic news. May your valve give you many, many more years of good health. Now go and enjoy that cake and ice-cream! You deserve it. (smiles)

Just wanted to say I greatly appreciated all the well wishes here. Still trying to get my family to recognize my RE-birthday merits cake and ice cream as much as, if not more than, the original-issue birthday --- …maybe if I make it to 15, they will. :Smile:

Back