Aortic root

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tpazwa67

I am seeing a cardiothoracic surgeon tomorrow to discuss my 50 mm aortic root aneurysm. I'm negative for connective tissue disorder, and I think my valve is patent. What questions would you ask? Thanks, TIm

Hi

I am seeing a cardiothoracic surgeon tomorrow to discuss my 50 mm aortic root aneurysm. I'm negative for connective tissue disorder, and I think my valve is patent. What questions would you ask? Thanks, TIm
At this stage is just listen and take notes. After that if there is anything you didn't clear up with him, as about it here.

I don't know what patent means

Should be another meeting before surgery

Best Wishes

I don't know what patent means

Common medical usage meaning “open”, or “unblocked”, as in “patent ductus arteriosus”. Oddly, when I looked it up online, figuring I’d just post a link; the only definition I found was patent (the A sound as in apple) as in copyright.
The meaning intended here has the A sound as in “pay”. Do they still call them short and long vowels? Haven’t heard that mentioned since grade school.

Hi

Common medical usage meaning “open”, or “unblocked”, as in “patent ductus arteriosus”.

Thanks. Perhaps less common than you'd assumed (unless friends are vascular surgeons), at least I'd not previously heard it.

Oddly, when I looked it up online, figuring I’d just post a link; the only definition I found was patent (the A sound as in apple) as in copyright.

There used to be a well renown Australian company, googling is made difficult by their name

IMG_20221214_155723.jpg

funny how these names go into oblivion when text searching.

Armed with your above warning, I just went in with a Google search like: what is the medical meaning of the word patent

it gave me this:
https://www.rxlist.com/patent_adjective/definition.htm
Thanks

Last edited:
The meaning intended here has the A sound as in “pay”. Do they still call them short and long vowels? Haven’t heard that mentioned since grade school.
I'm not officially a linguistics major, but I use it this way, that "a" has a hard and a soft sound; a as in back and a as in car. In Finnish at least this is written specifically as hard (bäck) and soft (car)

funny how these names go into oblivion when text searching.
It is interesting how a name might seem like a good name at the time, and then not so much in the future, as the world changes.

I imagine that Email LTD has since changed their name.

In Carlsbad California, near me, we have a company named ISIS Pharmaceuticals.

Well they used to be called that anyway. When that name became known for something else around the world, they suffered a drop in their stock and quickly changed their name to Ionis Pharmaceuticals.

https://ir.ionispharma.com/news-rel...aceuticals-changes-name-ionis-pharmaceuticals

Latest posts

Back