8 year anniversary with On-X AVR and MV Repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mah84

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
on Feb 25th, 2016 I had my AVR and MV Repair. It’s been fairly smooth ride till date except for couple of viral infections combined with strep throat/fever which bothers me during seasonal changes. No major complaints otherwise.

Met with my surgeon a months ago and he said I’m lucky because things especially mitral valve repair looks exactly same as what it was post surgery. Don’t know what that means though. Praying and hoping to continue another decade and more.

That’s great your mitral repair looks the same. Cardiologist’s know that mitral repairs sometimes fail. Mine failed and I’m now at mod to severe. My echo showed severe but the TEE I did recently showed still mod to severe.
My original cardiologist said I would never need another surgery. He left to live in Wy and be a great cardiologist for rich skiers.
Now, I’m with Cedars Sinai and it seems
they’re looking at a mitral replacement for me in the future. I’ve put this on hold until my water damage in my home is finally fixed. I’m not ready to even contemplate a 4th procedure!

Congratulations. Looking exactly the same as at surgery means you've had no visible degradation in performance...WhoooHooo!

Back