2nd valve replacement - do I go mechanical this time?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Carolyn. We have similar stories. I had my aortic valve replaced with a homograft almost 11 years ago. I've decided that my next, and hopefully last, valve is going to be a mechanical. I chose a homograft the first time because I was a newlywed, wasn't sure if there were going to be any pregnancies in my future, etc. My brother passed away in 1991 during his 4th OHS. It was 2 days before his 15th birthday and 3 days after my 18th. The scar tissue in his chest was a major complication. I don't mean to get maudlin here. I just wanted to throw my .02 in to say serial reops are not desirable. I wish you well and good luck with your decision.

hi carolyn, i think you go down the route is best for you, not other peoples if you get what i mean,both choices are good, for me being on anto coags and all the very real problems that can occur was the main reason for choosing tissue, good luck

neil;n849565 said:
hi carolyn, i think you go down the route is best for you, not other peoples if you get what i mean,both choices are good

True, Neil. We all have to choose what is right for us. I think it can be overwhelming if you overthink things. It's hard to balance emotion and intellect; you hit the nail on the head when you said both choices are good.

Latest posts

Back