2,340 miles and into New Jersey.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

http://hometown.aol.com/beatfeet26pt2/myhomepage/index.html

At mile marker 17 of the marathon, I will have reached my goal of running from San Diego to NYC, 2,372 miles. It took 2 years 4 months and 2 days. Dreams do come true ... and proof that heart surgery is not the end, but a new beginning. For each of us, quitting is not an option.

I'll be meeting my parents in the morning, (Friday) and heading North to Canada. The marathon is Sunday. It seems so unreal when I look back at where I started. It began with little steps, one foot in front of the other failing to get from intensive care across the hall to a less supervised room, and now ends with something most healthy people will never have the desire and motivation to do. When you about loose it all, life sure looks different on the other side of this mountain. Thanks again for all of your encouragement and support along the way.

Mark

Last edited:
Pass gas or something when you run through the Somerville/Bridgewater area and surroundings, so we'll know you're coming through. I'd be proud to welcome you to our state.

If you plan to be around in the evening, contact me, and I'll see if we can get you to one of our many fine restaurants. (We may not breathe well, but we do eat well.)

I went to message you, and realize that you are understandably not receiving messages

I live in Bridgewater, NJ. If that is in your running plan, and you happen to be around the area when not running, or after running, feel free to call me. I'll provide the phone number if you message me or respond in some way. If there's a place I can wait with a water bottle, I'd be happy to oblige.

There really are a lot of good restaurants here. They're still holding my keys until my sternum fuses, but my wife will drive, I'm sure.

If not, then I wish you luck and a good foot rub when you get to your destination. Your running is inspirational to many on the VR site. I've recovered exceedingly quickly, but I know that others who've had difficulties look to achievers like you to give them strength to continue moving toward independence.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and enthusiasm for living with VR.com.

Thanks, I will Tom! I updated my initial post to this thread up top. I am not sure if I will have time to post again, until I return, so see you all when I get back.

Mark

Mark you probably won't see this until you get back, but GO MARK GO ! ! I always said I would take up running if I ever saw a runner actually smilling while they are running. :) :) It looks like you might be smilling in your picture! :D :D :D Most of the runners I see always look like they are in so much pain! ! I think I'll just stick to being able to walk across a room without having to sit down. Hopefully this will all change with the up-coming heart surgery. Mark you are such an inspiration to the rest of us ! !

Update

Update

Thank you for encouragement and kind words Glenda, and again, everyone whom has supported and encouraged me along the way. Two quick miles in the morning and then on my way to Canada.

See you all next week.

Mark :cool:

Congratulations, Mark - what you have done is a wonderful accomplishment, indeed. I am so glad that you became a part of this big family so that all of us can look to see what is possible with a mended heart. Back in those 'other days' tiredness told us we couldn't ever do anything again but you are showing how wrong our tiredness messenger is. Thank you and keep runnin. Blessins

Back