11-year anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinF

I missed posting this, my 11-year anniversary was last month. I still walk and run a little. The past year my stamina has decreased. Not sure if it's age or stress or the heart valve. The cardiologist says the valve (mitral) has some leaking but regular doctors don't hear it. It has had a slight leak since new. Tricuspid valve is leaking now but cardiologist says he's not worried about it.

Martin

Pellicle, I'm 66 years old/young. In the past year I need to rest after working for a few hours, especially in the heat/humidity here in FL. I've been through a lot of stress the past few years and I know my body takes a long time to recover from that. I hope that's all it is. But my valve is going to start showing signs of failure at some point. Walking/running is my measuring stick for that. My cardiologist is going to do echos every 6 months now.

Pellicle, I'm 66 years young.
cool, thanks!

Age could indeed be at play here. I'm 60 and I'm feeling the difference between 57 and 60

I've been through a lot of stress the past few years and I know my body takes a long time to recover from that.
yeah, I had something like that in 2012~13 ... perhaps a bit more after that. But as mentioned above the last few years have been noticable.

Back