Amoxicillin mystery???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I had two teeth removed and s lot of bleeding which has been on and off for several days. I Tok 2gms amoxicillin before the procedure, but what I do not understand us that a single dose of amoxicillin wears off in 24 hours. So why would the protocol not call for continuing antibiotics for anyone who has bleeding gums if that is a cause of endocarditis and why we all need prophalaxis?

What amoxicillin is penicillin and antibiotic to prevent infection at time the teeth are worked on or pulled. If you do not take prophalsaxis, you run the risk of infection of the gums and then it will turn to infection going down the heart, thus causing endocarditis. I would take the premed and not risk infection going down to the heart, which only takes minutes to hours to possible death. There was a young woman with a mild heart condition who risked not taking the premed and hours later died from endocarditis. You want to live, take the premed before any dental procedure, including cleaning. You never know when you might have even a touch of dental infection in your gums or teeth.

Latest posts

Back