Post op with the new on-x valve.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko2011

Hello again all,

I'm now 14 days post op, after having my second OHS. Surgery itself was a bit of a mare, unfortunately, I had adhesions, and whilst these were being dealt with early on in the surgery, I had a couple of VF arrests and I needed to be defibrillated. I also had a couple of days of arrhythmias whilst my heart was settling down.

Now then, the ON-X Valve, it's a little louder than I imagined, it's a squeaky sort of clicking, not at all intrusive, in fact, I find it very reassuring. I'm very happy with my decision to have one.
My INR will be kept between 2.0-3.5 for the next 10 weeks, then between 1.5-2.0 with the addition of daily Aspirin. (enteric coated)

I have also lost almost 10 kgs, and do not have to bash my kidneys with Furosemide anymore. Feeling stronger every day.

Regards

Mark.

Sounds like you've done fine, Marko.

As one of our long ago members said about his mechanical valve. . . "I'll only worry about the clicking if it stops."

Take it one step at a time. Don't rush things. Breathe, walk, rest. It will all fall back into shape.

Congrats Marko my ON-X brother. Initially like you I heard my valve. Now I do not hear it or I am just used to it. Just celebrated my 4 year anniversary on Saturday. Just had an echo...see cardio in two weeks life is good. My INR range is 1.8 to 2.2. Coumadin has not been a problem. Self test at home every two weeks.

Latest posts

Back