Staying the Course -- 11/12/2018

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Kinda super-busy at moment: got work this afternoon, doctors appointments tomorrow, yesterday celebrated 77th birthday (double-digit biggie!), son has grandkids all week so I have to be ready to help at any time, and so i goes....

So I am just going to post this starter, and weigh back in later with more of my observations. But don't delay with yours -- you know what we are all about; weight, fitness, recreation ,family, fun, stress, joy, health challenges -- in short, anything ... life.

So I shall return....cheers all,

Superbob

Belated Happy 77th Birthday SB !

I am very super-busy with my son, dealing with all sorts of bureaucracy now that he is in his own little flat, dealing with getting his support set up with social services, though I and DH will be giving most of the support as the flat is close to where we live. Dealing with utility companies, and giving DS day to day support. I'm still having huge problems with shoulder and just don't feel that well, I think it might be my heart valve, though could also just be due to stress.

Hope your doctors appointments go well tomorrow.

Hi, everyone! Just checking in, finally. We were out of town for a few days last week, and it consumed the week. Came back and DW had all sorts of social items on her calendar, while I had some work to do around the house. Much of that is now settled down, but this week I have another semi-annual check-up with my oncologist. I already know the status there will be good, as I have the test results from last blood work.

Of course, we are also starting to get ready for the next visit of the Traveling Circus. That's what we call it when our daughter, son-in-law and the two grandsons come out here. I call the older grandson "Mr. Mayhem" too. Lots of drama, noise and fun. It is also a lot of work for us, having 6 people in our little house. We know families that raised 6 children in these houses, and for the life of me, I cannot fathom how it must have been with all those kids clomping around, and with all those people tripping over each other.

Been another quiet week here. Lots stirring with holidays coming up. I haven't had much of anything to contribute here myself lately. My son had knee surgery plus with joint custody he has the kids, so I've helped out with our 3 wonderful grandkids. Exercise class going well. Oh yeah, regular GP visit and I was down 7 pounds since last visit -- on the doc's scales. So that's something. A1C was 6.7 -- and that was taken non-fasting so maybe it's really a little lower than that.

Hope all in our merry band are doing well!

Latest posts

Back