Staying the Course -- 11/13/2017

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honeybunny;n880244 said:
Welcome back, SB! I hope you can go without the painkillers but please do take them if necessary. No sense suffering if you don't have to.

Right. Some folks resist pain meds like they think they give out trophies for needless suffering. I've had my share of pain, and not one trophy to show for it. Just a few scars.

Seems to me it is a matter of individual need and preference. Right now, Advil, ice, and one painkiller in middle of the night have worked well for me. In the past, I have taken pain meds when I've needed them -- certainly post heart surgery. But I don't take them when I don't need them, because they can be dangerous stuff when overused. After all, the prescription says "as needed." Not seeking any kind of "trophy" or martrydom for needless suffering. Good grief!

I apologize if my comment came across as a personal attack. Wasn’t intended that way, but I can see how it came off as such. Came more from personal experience with folks I know.

Wishing you all the best in a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Sorry to hear all the medical issues this week. Hope it gets better for everyone. Walked every day this week except today. Will walk down by the ocean tomorrow morning and Sunday will be in on dirt trail and a DG (degenerated granite) bridal path.

Tomorrow is get out the Thanksgiving decorations day. Looks like we're going to have about 15 for dinner. I'm looking forward to a 3 day work week.

Had a little rain this morning. Light so it soaked into the ground. We need that more often out here in Southern California. It's still dry here.

Enjoy the weekend.

Back