Staying the Course -- 09--25--2017

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Kind of pressed for time. This will be short. Wanted to do a starter, welcoming your thoughts and observations.

Dear Wife and I celebrated our 51st anniversary yesterday. 50 plus 1 -- we had a quiet day but went to a grand dinner at a fine oceanside restaurant. Hope to do a getaway when we get into autumn weather for real.

Enjoyed all the comments last week. Good to hear that folks are staying the course.

Hoping our regular fitness instructor is back this week. Don't know if I can endure the substitute again. I was afraid for days after that I had done permanent damage to my shoulder. Obviously the sub not trained to work with we of advanced age.

So cheers to all....I hope to write more later.

Superbob

Congratulations to you and your wife on your 51st wedding anniversary SB !

I and dh are just back from our hols in France. Had beautiful weather, fantastic walks and fantastic food. Only downer was that our car was keyed, or screwdrivered, the second day we were there, all along one side of the car. Several other cars were treated the same way. We reported it to the gendarmerie and today dh phoned the insurance company who are going to cover us for repairs.

Raining here in old Blighty - typical !

Bob, congratulations to you and Mrs. Superbob on your 51st wedding anniversary, and thank you for your congrats last week regarding our new grandson. I hope that your regular instructor is back by Wednesday's class because you don't need any shoulder issues. Paleowoman, your holiday sounds fabulous but so sorry that your car was vandalized. Such a senseless act. I have many worries today, none that I can control, but with five children you learn it comes with the territory. However I never would have imagined that the outcome of a Kurdish referendum in northern Iraq would one day affect our family, but it has. Life is like a box of chocolates, to quote Forrest, and I hope that whatever throwdowners encounter this week, it is sweet!.

Good Evening all! Happy congrats to you and your wife Superbob. How wonderful to have a nice dinner out to celebrate. The trip will be nice icing on the cake! Sounds like you need to have a little visit with your regular fitness coach and they need to take care of all their students being mindful of shoulders, knees, backs, etc.

Oh Anne what you wrote about your trip sounds terrific! (excluding vandalism) Darn vandalism is everywhere and what kind of thrill can they get from that?! Insurance can pay for the damage but those people that did it should be caught and punished. Been raining in Montana for days also and we are loving it as it helped with the fires.

Oh Duffey I know about kid worries, but have no idea about the Kurdish referendum(sorry I don't stay as up to date on world happenings as I used to). I wish you peace from the troubles that are before you. Got that right about the box of chocolates!

Not much from here but I am still bridging after my tests on the 15th. INR was 1.1 twice and today 1.6. Primary says we bridge until 2.0 but surgeon told me before this valve will do ok at 1.5. Oh well........more shots into the black and blue marks from the others. Dang I was hoping the two glasses of wine I had last night would have thinned it out more. Told the girls at clinic I would force down a couple more this week......after all......who am I to argue! Yep, they laughed!

Take good care now and remember to stay that course even when sometimes we are veering off!

Hi everyone! Still here. . .

SB - Major congrats on your 51 years! That's most of a lifetime, and underscores the thought of "forever and ever, amen." My wife and I are well behind you ("only" 38 years), but we worry about the younger generations who sometimes seem to view marriage as "something they do until they don't like it anymore."

Anne - I know how you feel about your holiday. Almost all memories of it are sweet, except for one. We had a similar sort of issue a couple of years ago when my wife went to visit our daughter for a couple of months when daughter's first son was born. DW had a rental auto. Parked it right in front of the kids' condo building. Came out one morning to find the whole side of the car keyed. Fortunately, our insurance company had a contract with that rental company, and all was covered. If it had been our own car, we would have been livid. So pointless.

Duffey - I, too, am ignorant of the Kurdish referendum and its implications. I just know that when we have children, we don't have them just until they are old enough to move out on their own. They remain our children as long as we live, and we share their burdens and troubles, whether they realize it or not. Hang in there. This, too, shall pass.

So, at this point, we have made it through Monday. Still four whole days to go until the weekend, so have to keep things under control to get there.

Stayin' the Course.

I hope everything remains stable and safe for your son, Duffey. Appreciate his service to all of us. Well, my week has been dominated by Wednesday's dental surgery. Both the surgeon and I anticipated the remains of a big ol' broken tooth would be a bear to extract. Thank goodness it came out in fairly reasonably good time. I obsessed for days about how prolonged it might be, and how I would manage to just breathe through all that. Surprisingly, it hasn't hurt too bad -- I haven't resorted to the pain pills -- try to avoid those. Eating soft and trying to be careful about hot coffee (though I can't live without it). Asked nurse in pre-op about going to exercise class, and she asked, "Do you'all sweat?" And I replied "Oh yes, we sweat!" So she said I would have to skip it til next week. Ugh. Meanwhile, our wonderful teacher has emailed us that her hubby has to have complicated back surgery, and she of course will be needed to help him with rehab and recovery, so she won't be back til October 31. Hopefully we will have someone other than a Marine Corps DI as a substitute. Life goes on -- we stay the course. Have a good weekend all! Cheers, Superbob

Congratulations SB for 51 years. I'm barely half way to that at 27. Still recovering from surgery after 3 weeks. It's better every day. I am going to try a slow walk tomorrow. Our group is going to Dana Point harbor. We're watching our daughter's dog this weekend so have 2 dogs to exercise. My wife will run ours and I'll walk the other one. INR test this week and I'm back in range so next test is in 4 weeks. No big weather out here in CA, just a fire a couple days ago that was knocked down quickly. Cooler evenings now. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Martin

HB, your class looks like good exercise and great fun! I am no dancer and two left feet. Way to STC!

Checking in late. Got back from my trip to FL. Worked two days in extreme heat putting tarps on roofs, picking up down branches, fixing blown out windows and down awings. I don't know how people live, or work outside in FL in the summer. It was horrid. I would be outside for less than an hour when my cloths were soaked with sweat. In any case, I'm back, but sitting in the car for four of the six days did no good for my weight. I want to learn to line dance, maybe HB can teach me remotely? As for being married fore 51 years, that is a great accomplishment SB - to the same woman. I've been married that long, but it took three woman to accomplish that :) Paleowoman, pleased your vacation went well with the exception of the car incident. As we know there are enough people in the work that have no concern for others that encountering one or more happens. Such as we see in the news today in Las Vegas. Hope everybody had a good week.

Latest posts

Back