Staying the Course -- 06-26-2017

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Greetings all! Pretty busy day for me, working from home. Nice at my age to still be valued. Humidity is beginning to drop a tad. By mid-week we are supposed to have absolutely refreshing, low-humidity days -- a few of them anyway. By then we'll be looking forward to another Fourth of July, which is always a fun occasion.

Exercise class tomorrow. Wish I had a third one a week, in addition to the Tuesday & Thursday. It is pretty hard to put myself through those exercises. Need someone telling me what to do, and correcting me when necessary. Don't have another funny planking t-shirt yet. Thinking of a PLANKING FOR DONUTS one - we have a Krispy Kreme store opening in our neighborhood in July.

Sure look forward to some pleasant dawgwalking weather. Those days will be few and far between, most likely, til autumn.

Good to hear about your hiking plans, Martin -- sounds like some delightful adventures.

Look forward to hearing how everyone is doing.

Cheers,

Superbob

Hope you do get some nice weather, SB. Ours can't seem to decide what season it wants to be. First, we had an unusually cold, wet spring. Then it just snapped into hot, humid, sunny summer. . . for a while. Then around the latter part of last week, it thought it might want to be early May again, turning partly cloudy, very pretty, but unusually cool, with highs around 70. That's where we are now - yesterday's high here was just about 72, but it was cooler most of the day. It is a bit chilly to go for a speed-walk wearing workout clothes (gym shorts and tank top) when the temp is in the upper 60's with a pretty strong wind.. It seems that we are still in our late spring pattern - when it gets warm, it rains. When it is clear, it gets downright cool. What makes it worse it that the climate control system in my office at work is schizophrenic. In the mornings it hovers around 68-70 degrees, with a distinct cold breeze across my back. I have to wear a "hoodie" sweatshirt all morning. Then, if it is warm out, by afternoon my office temp quickly drifts up to almost 80, with little to no air circulation. I dump the hoodie and turn on a massive floor fan to try to keep it bearable. I have tried complaining, cajoling, making a fuss. . . I even emailed to the building engineer a copy of the appropriate ASHRAE standard on climate control for offices, but all he does is say "That's the best we can do." Maybe they're trying to tell me something?

Aside from the weather, things are going pretty well. My "other" medical issues (the non-heart ones) seem to be slowly resolving back to sort of normal. I've been able to reduce the amount of medication needed to be comfortable, and the lingering side effects of past treatment seem to be settling down. I've been able to keep up my gym schedule - just not as much extra walking as last summer. I hesitate to say anything, but I think I have lost a pound or so, getting me within striking distance of last summer's target weight. It is just happening later than usual this year.

I hope the rest of the gang is having a great summer, too. We're looking forward to spending the July 4th weekend with our daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons.

Good afternoon guys! Little slow here on the course( I missed last week I think). Busy time of year but good to see all are doing fine and keeping "the course" in mind. Wish I had a weight loss to report and ambition enough to want 3 exercise classes a week. Good job you both!

I have an echo and cardio appointment coming up the end of July so I better get on board. Have some swelling off and on and cardio told me a few months ago to just go back on diuretic periodically when this happens. I have to take extra potassium as that drops with lasix. Oh those darn leg cramps! Such a vicious cycle that I would prefer to take nothing.

Take care and hang in there. Oh, and have a great 4th!

Can hardly wait for Amazon to deliver my "Planking for Donuts" teeshirt. That's the only way this 75-year-old codger can do a series of 8 planks in exercise class -- by making my instructor and myself laugh about it. Keep it light. Keep requesting that we take our exercise class to the new Krispy Kreme shop that will be opening up nearby next month. :Smile:

More planking today, whew!

Meanwhile, hey guys and gals, have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day upcoming!

Hi all! Glad to see everyone is doing well. This is the last day of my work week and with taking a vacation day Monday I'm looking forward to a 5-day weekend. Anyone want to invite me over for 4th of July BBQ? My daughter is a SW flight attendant so I can fly free :)

It's been raining here since Saturday, which has messed up my lawing mowing. I hope my little battery-operated mower can handle the grass at the height it has grown.

On another note, I will be getting an adjustable standing desk work station that will allow me to alternate between sitting and standing. Long backstory but my cardio provided a letter for HR and they got thinks moving quickly.

Line dancing tonight!

5-day vacation -- woohoo! Also another shout-out for line dancing -- that has to be fun; I've seen in on screens but never done it. Enjoy, HB. And I'd love to try out one of those standing desks someday -- I do way too much sitting at the computer. Get immersed in writing and forget to take breaks. Sometimes Ellie dawg reminds me though....

Good week with 17 miles of walking. Did something on 6 days so just need to do longer to get to 20 per week. I decided to not run a 5K on the 4th. I'll just go for a run with my wife and then join our running friends for the post race pancake breakfast. Then we're having a small BBQ later in the day. Enjoying the 4 day weekend.

Back