Staying the Course -- 03-20-2017

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Good day, fellow Stay the Course friends! Fun weekend -- celebrated the 3rd birthday of grandson, complete with trip to Ultimate California Pizza Zone. Lots of video games and great pizza. Ice cream cake, and DW made her famous cherry cheesecakes. Bad side: Had bad upper respiratory infection, and could hardly speak at all Saturday due to laryngitis -- a blessing to some in the family, I'm sure. Got a z-pack of antibiotics and other meds, and am gradually getting better (though still have occasional slight nosebleeds, which is disconcerting but I suppose part of the disgusting process). 'nuff said.

Monday is manic as usual. Have errands to do, taxes to finish, work to do. So guess I will sign off for now.

I know our Throwdown Founder, the Chimp, must be celebrating following the South Carolina Gamecocks' big upset win over Duke in March Madness last night. On to the Sweet Sixteen for first time ever. Go 'Cocks! (as we say in The Palmetto State).... ; )

Cheers,

Superbob

Being off work has really messed with my eating habits. I'm stuffing my face far more than I would if sitting at a desk for 10 hours. But I'm tracking calories with My Fitness Pal and trying to stay the course!

SB and HB it is good to see you both checking in. My exercise has slipped a bit these last few days and not sure why. Any old excuse I guess. To counteract that I am doing lunch salads to keep those calories down.

Life's ups and downs all seem to contribute to our health one way or another.

Hope you get over your bug SB. HB tracking those calories regardless of whether you are over or under your goal intake is a great step in the right direction. It shows you are strong.

Let's all try to be strong and keep staying the course..............

I'm still here, too - slogging through the last of a Chicago winter. It just won't get nice outside. Lots of clouds and rain, with some wind and cooler than normal temperatures. It is just something to be endured, though. These last couple of years, it has waited until late May before it gets warm enough for summer clothes. Hopefully it will stay warm until later in fall, though.

I'm still hanging in there at my exercise activities. Some days are easier than others, as work has been crazy of late. More work, more stress, more frenzy. . . and not always for good reasons. That saps my energy before I get to the gym, so I sometimes have to dial it back a notch or two. The fact that I am having some after-effects from another medical treatment doesn't make it any easier. SB is my idol, though. I figure that if he can tough it out through all he has, then I can just push through most of mine, too.

Stayin' the Course!

sorry, yeah been slow; I haven't had anything inspirational to post -- have missed 4 or 5 straight exercise classes, mainly because of nasty upper respiratory infection. I'm sure the class has figured me to be a dropout by now. Planning/hoping to make my final two classes of March this Tuesday & Thursday, and see if I get another standing ovation (as I did last time I missed just one class and came back. -- I must be the comic relief.) And also plan to sign up for the April classes -- don't see any T&T schedule conflicts at this point.

Also on the health front, my GP and her office are setting me up with a nice new (free) blood glucose testing meter. My A1C is pretty good -- 6.3 -- but I know I need to return to checking sugars at least once a day rather than taking stable glucose level for granted.

Enjoying South Carolina's run in March Madness -- now to the Elite Eight. And enjoyed watching the World Baseball Classic, won by the USA. Very much looking forward to the start of the MLB seasons, Cubs versus Cards on Sunday Night baseball, Sunday next.

Ellie dawg and I have gotten in some pretty good long walks lately --- temps 70 day, 50 night -- just about perfect. I know the long hot South Carolina summer is ahead. Need to get in shape for that.

Cheers all,

Superbob

It didn't register that I hadn't posted this week until tonight. As the doctor told me yesterday, my brains have been a little rattled! His comment came at a recheck appointment after I was in a car accident last week. The other driver came through the intersection that only I was suppose to be occupying and made a left hand turn that ended in an almost head on collision. I hit my head and suffered a mild concussion which explains the PCP's remark. It was my first accident ever, and I have been surprised at the extent I have been affected psychologically. I feel violated, if that makes sense. Anyway, the other party's adjuster called today, said they were paying for everything, and hopefully things will settle down soon. I could use a big dose of staying the course; this veering off the daily routine is not for me.

Duffey, hope you are feeling better.
Had a busy week at work so only two 30 minute walks. Did get in 5+ mile walks in Sat and Sun. Not a good week, maybe 14 miles max.
Did finally finish all the book keeping for taxes.
Martin

MartinF;n874848 said:
Duffey, hope you are feeling better.
Had a busy week at work so only two 30 minute walks. Did get in 5+ mile walks in Sat and Sun. Not a good week, maybe 14 miles max.
Did finally finish all the book keeping for taxes.
Martin

No matter the number of walks or runs, MartinF, finishing all the paperwork for taxes is an accomplishment akin to completing a marathon in my book. Congrats! -- just got my info to our preparer last week. Felt like a load lifted off my back. Now the walks should come easier.../ : )

Latest posts

Back