Staying the Course -- 02-27-2017

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Here we are, final two days of February, yet the start of another Staying the Course week! Greetings to all.

Fred, I love your posts -- I agree with Duffey, grandkids and maple syrup -- don't get no better than that! I know well about trying to set a good nutritional example with them, and then getting sabotaged by such items as funnel-cake fries, which we were served up, complimentary, at the kiddie baseball complex yesterday afternoon (between the kids taking batting practice). Yes, here in South Carolina, baseball is underway, hooray, hooray! Diet does take a nosedive with hot dogs, ice cream and the like, though.

Dornole, I'm confident things will get better for you. Thanks for keep us in the loop.

We have some kind of stomach crud going around. Wife had it, went to urgent care and got some sort of shot that seemed to ease the nausea.

My turn came Saturday morn and for a while, I felt about as sick as I ever have in my life.Worried about catching a breath there for a while. Fortunately, though, I have a walking dawg and ballplaying grandkids who are willing to give me no more than one sick day, so it was back out in the fresh air yesterday, and I feel fine today (though now my son is having his turn with the mess -- ugh!)

Well, hoping for clear sailing for all this week and into spring. Hoping March won't throw us metereological curveballs -- those should be served up only from the pitcher's mound.

Cheers,

Superbob

Good Morning Superbob and all. Thought I had missed something from last weeks postings and realized they are here and there. Mondays can be a challenge...........

We have some colds we are passing around here but so far been lucky in the flu department. Shots help.

My swelling is better and will start the process again to wean off lasix. I also plan for adding more exercise this week. Nice to change up those routines to keep it from getting boring. I see the nice young Russian cardiac surgeon in Billings in a couple weeks and hope to show him that I am making progress. I cannot believe how much longer my recovery has taken this time. I am counting on this being my last replacement. Just the thought of another open heart surgery makes me shudder, lol

That is about it from me. My life is not very exciting but I am awaiting some of those nice spring like days. Love to sit in my chair and take in some sunshine and warmth.

I see everyone is staying busy and trying to watch our diets and exercise. Good work everyone on staying the course!

I'm still here, reading and keeping up with all the goings on. SB - I envy you your weather at this time of year. We are having a very mild winter, but there are still days when it is nasty cold and windy, and many days when it is just gray for days at a time. Of course, by the middle of summer, I'd rather have our cooler weather than your coastal heat and humidity. Maybe if this climate change continues, the Midwest will become the new rust-belt Riviera!

Still just keeping on, here. This time of year is typically just one of making it through the winter. I'm watching my diet a bit closer this year - the older I get the rougher it becomes to lose those few extra "winter" pounds, so I'm trying to keep them at bay. Not enough time every day to increase exercise - I can't count on lunchtime walks yet. Once spring warms things up, I'll be able to walk an extra mile or two at lunch. Until then, I watch what I eat and try to get out when I can.

I'm with you, SB, in hoping that March doesn't try anything silly on us. Here in the city, we have had blizzards of up to 24 inches of snow on April 1st, as well as flurries on Memorial Day. Hoping that this year is warmer. . .

I have good news and bad news. First, the good: I'm down three pounds this week. The bad news: I have finally succumbed to the flu, after dodging it for weeks, and my weight loss is probably attributable to that. Nuff said!

Duffey;n873928 said:
I have good news and bad news. First, the good: I'm down three pounds this week. The bad news: I have finally succumbed to the flu, after dodging it for weeks, and my weight loss is probably attributable to that. Nuff said!

Oh goodness, Duffey -- sorry to hear that. My son had Type A flu -- then the rest of us (including eventually him again) were hIt by some kind of vicious stomach bug. Hope you get well soon. (BTW, I missed exercise class Tuesday because of aftereffects of bug but returned today and all the gals applauded when I was warming up for the class! Talk about an ego boost for an old man!

Busy week but still got in four 30 minute walks during the work week and 5 miles today. Goal is at least 15 miles of walking/running per week. No rain this weekend! Plan on 6 miles tomorrow. Still trying to do regular weight workouts. Maybe I need to set the weights in the living room.

Hope everyone had a good week. Spring is around the corner.

Martin

Back