Staying the Course -- 01-30-2017

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
epstns;n872878 said:
Anne - Sardines? My sister used to love them. I thought they smelled like cat food. Not for me. Most fish, I love. Not that one.!
Sardines - probably poor man'’s food Steve ! You in the USA seem to have a lot of variety of fish. England being an island you’'d think we’'d have a lot of fish, but no. Can’'t even get fresh sardines very often. And lobster ? I haven’'t been able to eat a lobster for about 40 years, and that last time was in Italy. Catfish ? The only place I’'ve seen catfish was one swimming in the London Aquarium ! it’'s only when we go to France that we see lots of different fish. In England it’'s just cod or plaice or trout or hake for fresh fish. You are so lucky with your fish !

Last edited:
honeybunny, the employment thing sounds scary (but then I worked for the same company for 35 years before deciding to leave on my own to explore other work while I still could)...anyway, sounds like you've got excellent prospects -- will be rooting for you.

Well, folks, today was my first senior fitness class. In a class of 15 only one other guy in the class, and he has a bigger gut than I do, so that was reassuring. : ) The instructor, a gal who is a certified personal trainer, is great. Went through a lot of stretching and moves with cords and light weights and those huge exercise balls (I passed on using one of those because never had -- she concurred in me approaching everything cautiously). I definitely felt the exercise impact....and a plus is that it makes me more fitness conscious at meals -- don't want to fritter away my gains. So after class, I got a turkey breast 6" sub on 9-grain wheat with veggies for lunch, and dinner I skipped the pasta choice DW had and went for small broiled pork chop, green beans, and potatoes. I look forward to continuing the fitness class twice a week...hope to trim some blob and regain some of the strength I was surprised to find I had lost when I played a little basketball shoot-around with my son and grandson a week ago.

thanks, dornole; appreciate the encouragement! BTW, I bought a few cans of sardines today to try out -- one packed in water, one with mustard. Beach Cliff brand I believe. In fine print on label, I see mine came from Poland. Notice others for other brands came from Canada, Thailand, maybe other countries. Wonder if one's better than the other? Anyway, maybe I will try some tonight since we have kind of a catch-as-catch-can dinner (meaning leftovers plus maybe a trip to Subway to supplement,).....

Superbob;n872890 said:
thanks, dornole; appreciate the encouragement! BTW, I bought a few cans of sardines today to try out -- one packed in water, one with mustard. Beach Cliff brand I believe. In fine print on label, I see mine came from Poland. Notice others for other brands came from Canada, Thailand, maybe other countries. Wonder if one's better than the other? .
The ones I get (in UK from the supermarket chain Sainsburys) come from Portugal. They seem to swim in all the seas !

Back