Staying the Course -- 11-28-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Now we're fully into holiday prep mode, accelerator mashed to the floor, hard to stay a steady course. I am walking Ellie but not finding time to blog about our adventures on the trail. Got to draw a few breaths and find time. As far as calories, we had an interruption that prevented fixing dinner tonight and so we ordered Chinese. Not good -- I mean it WAS good but no way it was low calorie. Stll hard to find time for the workout room but I have got to make time....oh well, seems like I live on a treadmill anyway.

I will try to cheer up. Hope your reports will bring me good tidings of great joy.

Cheers, and stay the course.

Superbob

Hi Superbob,

Speaking of Chinese food, before my surgery my wife and I ordered take out Chinese. I happened to have my heart monitor on and when I unloaded the monitor data later, I was surprised to see an increase in my heart rate just after eating the Chinese food. Research shows that MSG in Chinese food can cause rapid heart rate. So I tested my theory, and the next time I had Chinese food, I saw my heart rate increase. Back then, my resting rate was around 50 bpm. The Chinese food pushed it to the 90 - 100 range.

That was when my stenosis was in the serious category so I avoided Chinese food for a while.

Now that I have a new valve, I should try having it again to measure the impact.

Now, here comes the funny thought

During cardiac rehab and now, doing my own workout at a gym, my heart rate gets pushed to 90 - 120 range. So, if I don't feel like working out, can I just eat Chinese food to increase my heart rate? :)

Does this sound like Pellicle logic to you?
(hope he takes this as a joke - like it is met.)

Wishing you a better day,

Fred

FredW;n870728 said:
Hi Superbob,

Speaking of Chinese food, before my surgery my wife and I ordered take out Chinese. I happened to have my heart monitor on and when I unloaded the monitor data later, I was surprised to see an increase in my heart rate just after eating the Chinese food. Research shows that MSG in Chinese food can cause rapid heart rate. So I tested my theory, and the next time I had Chinese food, I saw my heart rate increase. Back then, my resting rate was around 50 bpm. The Chinese food pushed it to the 90 - 100 range.

That was when my stenosis was in the serious category so I avoided Chinese food for a while.

Now that I have a new valve, I should try having it again to measure the impact.

During cardiac rehab and now, doing my own workout at a gym, my heart rate gets pushed to 90 - 120 range. So, if I don't feel like working out, can I just eat Chinese food to increase my heart rate? :)

(hope he takes this as a joke - like it is met.)

Wishing you a better day,

Fred

Fred -- I love the way you think! Yes, yes of course --- Chinese food is an excellent substitute for a workout! Hmmm, I wonder if Italian works as well!

Fred, my thoughts are that anything that increases your heart rate (exercise, food, sex) is good. Of course, some activites are more fun than others ;)

honeybunny;n870748 said:
Fred, my thoughts are that anything that increases your heart rate (exercise, food, sex) is good. Of course, some activites are more fun than others ;)

Ah yes, I started a huge debate way back on the old Cooker's Throwdown when I asserted (in fun of course) that cranberry-orange scones are better than sex. It was just an excuse to start a sex thread. Sex of course is both fun and great exercise -- however, a plate of cranberry-orange scones is more readily available. :Face-Smirk:

Hey

FredW;n870728 said:

I just found this as I wasn't following this thread.

I think it's excellent logic.

Also you could go to those restaurants which do no-pan shyabu-shyabu

They tend to be Japanese so you'd need to bring your own msg. Just make sure you look sus about it when sprinkling it on the shyabu-shyabu ...

PS type @ first and then start typing my name that without spaces, will ensure I'm notified about it FredW (although this seems like it may not work using the mobile site, not invoking a drop-down picker in JavaScript, if you get the spelling and case right the server parses it properly)

Now this thread is starting to take a turn for the strange. Why don't we also endorse those "magic electronic pad" exercisers that were on TV a few years ago. These things claimed to have the same effect as hours of heavy exercise, but you just strapped them on, turned on the power, and reached for some more chips as you watched the telly.

Back