Staying the Course -- 09--26--2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Oh boy, staying the course at a nice ocean getaway (for Anniversary No. 5-0) off the Carolina coast -- got up with son before daybreak and took the dawgs for a beach walk. Let them off leashes and they splashed and ran and splashed and chased the birdies. Much fun had by all. Sunrise was gorgeous, got to make myself get out of bed and enjoy more of them.Later walked way out pier to watch son fish, and then sat on beach with daughter (whose birthday we celebrate today) and Dear Wife (DW) ... Man the exercise I've gotten, and the day has many hours to go.

I think I should have burned enough calories to justify an especially decadent dessert tonight.

Hope all are well.

Cheers,

Superbob

I just got back from three weeks in France late last night. Wonderful time with lots of strenuous hill walks and fantastic food and wine. Hope all are doing okay on the forum.

Wow! Superbob and Paleogirl, it sounds like you're both getting plenty of exercise at lovely locales. Not me! We had another day in the mid-90's yesterday, but it did cool down a little today. I hope everyone else is having a great week.

Morning, all! I returned safely from my cruise, during which I gained only one lb. because of all the walking my daughter and I did. Glad to see so many checking in.

Whew! --- 50th anniversary getaway is becoming a marathon chowdown. Huge feast of scallops and oysters last night at a nice eatery overlooking the fishing boats' dock, and today a huge Carolina BBQ for lunch. I am walking Ellie even more than usual 'cause we have no fenced yard for quick breaks, but I doubt the extra exercise comes close to cancelling out the calories. Have enjoyed some early morning visits to the ocean for romps in the surf with the dawgs (Ellie and my son's dawg Dasher)....

What's the best formula for losing vacation weight? Or since I am ancient, should I just forget about it and prize the extra heft? Probably that wouldn't be consistent with staying the course, so I know I need to get back to sensible patterns soon. DW is scheduled to have retinal surgery the week we get back so will have to be creative to come up with healthy meals.

Cheers all.....

Superbob

I do have a fenced yard at home. We've had a little beach getaway in the other "Carolina," HB.

Wow, after vowing no more seafood, I had a fried soft shell crab sandwich tonight. Yummy! The week-long chowdown continues. Accountability will come later.

Must say after seafood day and night for a week, two slaw dogs for lunch tasted like gourmet food!

Back