No announcement yet.

Thread disappearances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for lack of response.. I am blessed to be healthy enough that my life is so crammed full of goodness that I don't have much time for quick responses like the good ole days. Regarding deletion of the thread. It saddened me to delete it because there was indeed tons of great information there. I only made that decision after receiving many messages about the direction the thread had gone and after spending over two solid hours trying to pick out what I thought were the unfortunate posts. To go through the thread and remove the bad while leaving the good would have simply taken more time than I have. Pellicle, you mentioned that the "revenue must flow". Just wanted to be clear that there is money flowing for sure - but it is flowing out and not in. So it is a matter of how much time I have to sacrifice in order to keep this resource alive for the world to benefit from. And I have none. So, please accept my personal apologies for the loss of valuable information. If I were to make a suggestion to help prevent this in the future, it would be for everyone to direct your comments about other users privately to those other users and don't put them on the threads. There are features in the forum that allow you to report negative posts. Those features send me an email and those are the ones I have an indication of and go in and look at. Hammer Moderation is all I can offer once the thread goes sideways.. I truly love this site and care for all of you and I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with.
    -----------------------------------
    Hank in Arizona
    Founder of ValveReplacement.org

Comment

Hank

Thanks for the response, I agree that "that thread" would have been a nightmare to attempt to wade through (like what, 12 pages?).

Thanks for addressing my issues. I'm sorry that the revenue is in the negative, but at least the contributions of worthfulness are in the positive. As I've previously offered to you (and offer again) if you wish any asstance from me, please contact me.

I appreciate that everyone has different tolerances, but as I wrote:

If this site is to flourish (as it has) then I believe that some level of tolerance must be had for discussions which are heated and perhaps abrasive. As long as they do not move over to the threatening, abusive or slanderous.
      I believe that that tolerance should come from those who press that little report button

Best Wishes

Comment

weird must have clicked post when I was editing

Comment

Hi Hank, do you mean the minor argumentative banter between nostrapellicle and the skilletmeister?

Was there other stuff I missed?
          Bicuspid Aortic Valve. Moderate Aortic Valve Stenosis. Ascending Aorta: 4.1cm
          In the waiting room.

Comment

There was a lot of good stuff on the thread, but I certainly understand your position.

There are times when I personally have to show a bit of restraint, or risk starting one of those storms. I just held back from responding to a new post because, although my reply would have been sent with good intentions, I'm sure that there would be a dozen 'how dare you?' responses. A bit of restraint can reduce the risk of these things going sideways.

I absolutely DO value this forum. When things finally improve financially for me, I'll help reverse that negative flow of funds from the forum -- and those who CAN afford to help give financial support for this valuable resource, SHOULD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
              Apologies for lack of response.. I am blessed to be healthy enough that my life is so crammed full of goodness that I don't have much time for quick responses like the good ole days. Regarding deletion of the thread. It saddened me to delete it because there was indeed tons of great information there. I only made that decision after receiving many messages about the direction the thread had gone and after spending over two solid hours trying to pick out what I thought were the unfortunate posts. To go through the thread and remove the bad while leaving the good would have simply taken more time than I have. Pellicle, you mentioned that the "revenue must flow". Just wanted to be clear that there is money flowing for sure - but it is flowing out and not in. So it is a matter of how much time I have to sacrifice in order to keep this resource alive for the world to benefit from. And I have none. So, please accept my personal apologies for the loss of valuable information. If I were to make a suggestion to help prevent this in the future, it would be for everyone to direct your comments about other users privately to those other users and don't put them on the threads. There are features in the forum that allow you to report negative posts. Those features send me an email and those are the ones I have an indication of and go in and look at. Hammer Moderation is all I can offer once the thread goes sideways.. I truly love this site and care for all of you and I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with.
              Thank you for the explanation. I will do my best to temper my responses in the future.

Pls. accept my apologies for my terse responses.

This forum is tremendous w. all of its data & I am very thankful I found it.

Comment

Working...
              X