18 years!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesMom

Just have to say a happy 18th to my valve. Every day I'm grateful for my surgeon and the medical professionals who got me through. They had a tough time due to the scar tissue from my first surgery, but they did it and I'm still clicking away. : ) Hope everyone is well.

Congratulations. It's great to have so many success stories being posted.......has to give the new folks a lot of reassurance that OHS doesn't stop us from living our lives.

My heartfelt congratulations! And. . . thanks for coming back around to tell of your success. It really helps the new folks when they hear from someone who had valve surgery some years ago and is still going fine, living a normal life.

hey there DavesMom

great to see you pass a milestone ... hope you write back at 20 and 30 ... looking at your history you've had 2 OHS ... '76 then '99 ... you're an old hand on the deck of good ship survival ;-)

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and I sincerely wish everyone the same luck I've had. Yeah, Pellicle, I'm a tiny bit of a vet. Actually took number one quite well cause I was so young. Number two was a surprise and I was so stressed getting ready to be gone from work, etc. that I didn't have a lot of time to think about it until the night before. Then I had a total meltdown, after which the nurse was kind enough to give a big dose o' tranquilizer.

All seems fine for now except for another aneurysm in the ascending aorta. A third surgery will be high-risk, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. In the meantime, wishing everyone the best of luck and good health.

Latest posts

Back