30 year

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas999

30 years, 12/9/87 was my surgery date, and feeling quite well today at age 62. I guess it wasn't my time to go back at age 32, I was fortunate to have had surgery that particular day as doctors said I wouldn't have made another day with the aneurysm I had. The aneurysm destroyed the aortic valve which has been replaced with a St. Jude model.

love the good news stories.

Thats years before my 2nd OHS (in 1991) and still going after my 3rd OHS (a mechanical in 2011) ... great stuff. If I'd only had the 2nd OHS I probably would not have this question about an ongoing sub-sternal infection.

Best Wishes

I always like to see anniversary's like this come and go, then a month and a half later we remember to post about them.

That, to me, means you're just living life and not dwelling on "the valve".

Congrats on 30 years. Nice milestone. Something about nice big even numbers makes things seem so much more significant.

Congratulations Thomas on your valversary of 30 years. You and I have had a similar journey starting at the same young age. I hope that you continue to enjoy an uneventful life.

tom in MO;n881443 said:
Congratulations thomas999. Any tips? :)

my biggest issue is fear of the unknown, because once you realize you are mortal and things can happen, such as a surgery like this, a little lack of confidence can set in. I do activities despite although, all within reason of course. I have traveled worldwide, played softball, I play golf avidly, I'm at the gym now right now with my workout, amongst many other things. stay active within reason, enjoy life, And do not lose hope. In other words, have fun within reason.

thomas999;n882024 said:
my biggest issue is fear of the unknown, because once you realize you are mortal and things can happen, such as a surgery like this, a little lack of confidence can set in

I strongly recommend you watch this video and consider reading more in this area of philosophy
[video=youtube;Sbgpjcf-i8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbgpjcf-i8I[/video]

pellicle;n886282 said:
I strongly recommend you watch this video and consider reading more in this area of philosophy
[video=youtube;Sbgpjcf-i8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbgpjcf-i8I[/video]

Very powerful, Pellicle. Just had the opportunity to watch this. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back