10 years today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartangator

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
It's hard to believe, but 10 years ago today I walked out of the hospital with some new pieces and some repaired bits. Certainly, there were plenty of challenges in the beginning, but after some slow healing for a couple years, all's been smooth sailing since with good annual check-ups and few restrictions (I ran my only marathon--so far--about 20 months post-op). I couldn't be more grateful. It's tough to even process, and I owe many people here so very much. Thanks for being a wonderful community for so many.

Congratulations !!!

Please can you confirm which type of valve you had, and other repairs.

'Gator - I was away (out of town) and missed your post. Many congratulations on the 10th anniversary. Thanks for coming around to let us know how you're doing, and I'm glad to hear it has gone well for you.

It always helps the new folk when one of the members from a while ago comes back to tell that their life just "got back on track" and they've been living their regularly scheduled life. Thanks for the report.

Thank you all. I sincerely appreciate the good wishes. It's not a journey that's easy to explain to others so I try to still drop in here a couple times a month to chime in for the next folks. You're the best.

Mike1959, I had the Ross Procedure (aortic valve replaced with my own pulmonary, and the pulmonary replaced with a cadaver donation) as well as a significant amount of support material to the arteries through Dacron wrapping.

sorry to be late to the party, Glad its still going strong.

may I ask, what does spartangator mean? Like is it related to "spartan" ?

7wcxy.jpg

spartangator;n879759 said:
...Spartans and Gators are mascots of two of the places I went to uni. ... so that bird above has it right :)

Bewdy (I don't think you get notification if I just like your reply (testing this)

Back