2 years today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almost_hectic

I have to say, year two was much easier than the first for obvious reasons. Physically I think I'm in really good health. Emotionally I still get tripped up from time to time since surgery, in ways I never did before. Although from things I've read and other heart patients I've talked to that's not uncommon. So maybe it's the new normal, I don't know. Seems for some maybe it never fully goes away.

Congratulations from a fellow member of the Class of August 2015!

I suspect that the emotional recovery follows a path similar to that of physical recovery, only slower. On the physical side, I kept feeling much better and thinking I was pretty much recovered, and then a few weeks or months later I would realize that I felt even better. That seems to be the pattern emotionally too... slow progress that becomes visible in retrospect.

almost_hectic;n878299 said:
......So maybe it's the new normal, I don't know. Seems for some maybe it never fully goes away.

Congratulations on your two year anniversary. It is a new normal.....especially if you are young when you go thru it. This kind of stuff is supposed to happen when you get old....if it happens at all. Is it fair? Probably not, but it is fixable and is our best chance to live a "normal life" with a few new ground rules. Support and information are your allies, so stick with forums like this.....'cause you are not alone in your feelings.

Congratulations on the anniversary and the continued progress. Indeed, the journey continues in fits and starts for all of us, though in different ways, obviously. I'll echo Dick's comment that support and info are your allies so don't be shy about learning/reaching out.

Thanks to all of you. Am I much better off, yes. Am I ungrateful, hell no. Is the gravity of having a surgeon say I was lucky I made to his table in time a lot to comprehend, sometimes yes. Sometimes a lot yes. I expect thing to be different, but other things I never expected are also different.

Congrats on the two years! I followed your journey closely being ~one month behind you. I remember all the work-related stress you were facing at the time but understand you've escaped that environment. Thanks for the update!

honeybunny;n878342 said:
Congrats on the two years! I followed your journey closely being ~one month behind you. I remember all the work-related stress you were facing at the time but understand you've escaped that environment. Thanks for the update!

Thanks and hello! Great to see you still on the forum. I rarely come around here any more.

Congratulations on your anniversary hectic, i was also 44....

Being more emotional seems to be pretty common BUT i think it's a good thing.

I went from a typical Alfa Male type to a mush , and a far better person for it i would say....
" embrace your emotional side "

Last edited:
Congratulations on your second anniversary, hoping you'll continue to feel better and better with time. The shock of needing the surgery and the fears of the surgery may take sometimes a longer time than the physical healing.

Keep it up. Enjoy your new you.

Latest posts

Back