July 22 - One year anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FredW

Premium Level User
One year ago today around this time (6:00 pm) I was being wheeled out of surgery with a new aortic valve. Think I will drink to that.

I was away from the site for the weekend, and am just seeing this now, Fred. Congratulations on the big milestone! May you have so many returns of the day that you tire of counting them!

Congrats, Fred! and whatever you are doing keep it up! Will join everyone for a toast later(7 in the morning is a bit early)

Belated congrats from middle earth, comes round quick... 2 years seems to be racing up on me fast
:)

Thanks those of you who replied to my 1 year anniversary. I find it interesting that members on this group represent people from around the world: US (near Chicago), New Zealand, Australia, and the UK. Even though we live in different parts of the world, the heart issues we deal with bring us together with a common understanding.

I have been struggling with trying to write about the emotions I have experienced from being in the waiting room, having surgery and dealing with recovery. My thinking is that in sharing my emotions, others going through a similar experience may relate to it and feel some comfort in knowing they are not unique or alone with their feelings. However, I'm not sure I have the ability to communicate this effectively.

Given that, I would like your opinion on part of what I have already written. You can find it at: http://fredwilbur.com/one-year-later.pdf You are welcome to pm me your opinion.

Jeeze Fred, has it been just a year.

What a crazy time it's been.

Glad you're still with us, hope you are planning some hikes

Best Wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back