4 year anniversary- hard to believe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 year anniversary- hard to believe

3-18-13- Hard to believe tomorrow marks my 4 year anniversary. I thank everyone on this site for helping me get through pre-surgery, surgery and recovery! You are all the best. Thanks for sharing your experience, wisdom and optimism. My cardiologist often says not every surgeon could do your surgery. Thank you Dr. Bavaria and everyone @ HUP!!!! Had an echo last week...see cardio in three weeks.
    March 18, 2013- at age 57- "Mechanical Composite Root Replacement and Aggressive Hemi-arch Reconstruction". 25mm On-X Aortic Valve with an attached 34 mm Valsalva Aortic Graft and a 24mm Transverse Aortic Arch Graft- Dr. Joseph E. Bavaria. University of Pennsylvania Hospital. (HUP) Dream On....On to the Heart Of the Sunrise"-YES [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5jGG4sH2Cc[/URL]

Good to hear that all is going well.......hope and trust that you will have many more anniversaries.
    Starr-Edwards mechanical AVR 1967 at age 31.....University of Kentucky Med. Ctr., Drs. Richard Wood & Gordon Danielson surgeons. No surgery (heart or otherwise) since. On Warfarin ACT since surgery with no diet, lifestyle, or activity restrictions....and I live one day at a time.

Comment

Good to hear! I remember contacting you when I first got on here in April 2014 as you had the same surgeon as me and you helped me out so thanks. I just hit 2 years in February.

Comment

Congratulations on #4! Best wishes for many more to come!
        Never stand afar and view with fear and trembling that which lies in your way. Face it boldly and see how very small it is, after all.
        VR.com member since 2004, avr in 2005

Comment

Congrats! Best wishes for continued good health.
          BAV, severe aortic stenosis replaced and single bypass done 9/30/15 by Dr. Joseph Coselli, CHI St. Luke's Hospital, Houston. Clinical trial Edwards Rapid Deployment Intuity (tissue) Valve. Cardiologist is Dr. Jose Diez, Baylor Clinic.
          Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
          Dalai Lama

Comment

Woohoo Heart Of The Sunrise happy valversary, many more to come!
            Phil. Aortic Valve (Edwards 23 mm 3000TFX) and Aortic Root Replacement 4.21.09, St. Mary's Hospital, Reno, NV. Surgeon: Dr. Roumanas

Comment

Happy 4 Years, and may you have many, many more!

We're glad to hear that you're doing so well, and we thank you for stopping by to share the news. Each of the "experienced" members who stop by to celebrate anniversaries gives yet another gift to the new members, helping the new folks to see that they, too, can look forward to getting their lives back.

Thanks for stopping in!
              Go Class of 2011!

Steve Epstein
              9 Years in The Waiting Room, then on February 28, 2011,
              AVR with 23mm Edwards Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve, Model 3300TFX, Pacemaker - Boston Scientific Altrua 60 DDDR IS-1 and CABG (LIMA-LAD) at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago by Dr. Patrick McCarthy and the most wonderful team of professionals I could ask for. New pacemaker (Boston Scientific L101) and ventricular lead, July, 2016.

Comment

Working...
              X