Research Study Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Those who welcomed me when I joined this site know that I was offered the opportunity to participate in a study for a new type of tissue valve...an Edwards Intuity Elite rapid deployment valve. It is a bridge between a traditional valve an a TAVR. the valve was inserted with a stent ant the stent expanded to position the valve in place. Three surtures secured the valve in place vs the usual 20+. One of the goals was less time on the heart-lung machine. Today I went for my second follow up with blood work, EKG, and detailed echo (over 200 images). Everything seems A-OK.
It's exciting to me to be a part of this study, which may help others facing OHS down the road. It is a 5-year study after which Edwards will submit its findings to the FDA for approval. Though the valve placement still requires a full sternumotomy, its success should be an advancement in tissue valve use.

So glad to hear all is well with you, per your latest check up and tests, Honeybunny. Good for you, participating in this pioneering study!

Back