I'm baaack!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc_kowal

Hey guys and gals! Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive and ticking. Things have been pretty busy since we relocated to North Carolina this past spring! The weather is sooo much better than the North East. My wife and kids also love it down here, it was definitely a good choice for us.

Got all set up with a new cardio down here and I had him agree to allow me to continue to self test. I just need to go into his Coumadin Clinic once every 6 months so they can make sure my machine is still calibrated (no big deal).

I haven't had any issues with my mechanical valve, although I had to have a molar that was cracked removed and now I need to have an implant installed in the upcoming months. When the molar was removed there wasn't too much bleeding, but it did take a long time for it to stop. My dentist actually came back to here office around 9 pm and cauterize the surrounding tissue to help slow the bleeding.

At the moment I'm dealing with getting over Diverticulitis, which can be a little tricky since I'm on Warfarin. Being on Augmentin for 10 days was hard on the gut, but it seems to have done the job. Now I just need to take it easy whenever I get sore or tired and just let the body heal, sounds familiar right?

Hope everyone is doing good here, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

~Marc

Hi, Marc! I hear you about that northeast weather. My daughter lives in semi-rural western Massachusetts, and their winters can be nastier than Chicago's sometimes. Glad you've landed somewhere better for you.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. It is always great to hear from folks who "came through here" and have come back to tell us that their lives are back on track. It sure helps the new folks, I'm sure.

Feel free to come around whenever you have the chance. We're glad you're here.

Latest posts

Back