Just saying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saying

For what it's worth: I've been on VR a long time, and I have read some incredible stories. The relevant word as it pertains to this thread is INCREDIBLE. We had one who convinced the group that she committed suicide, and others who have run scams for money. They're usually not obvious when they first start out, but they gradually work themselves into the fabric of the community and then do their damage. I'm not saying that anyone is trying to do so now, but healthy skepticism can be a virtue.
    Never stand afar and view with fear and trembling that which lies in your way. Face it boldly and see how very small it is, after all.
    VR.com member since 2004, avr in 2005

Thanks for bringing this to light. Ditto...healthy sceptisim is a good thing to have when dealing with anything internet related. I also like "trust & verify".
    CE Perimount Aortic Bovine Valve

Comment

I saw similar issues on a site for widows/widowers years ago. One non widowed person lurked there to gather information for a book she was writing that basically dissed widowed folk. She had married a widower and didn't like the ways he kept remembrances of his deceased wife around. All of us legitimate members had a huge case of red ass about it.

Yes, always good to be cautious when online. Thanks for the reminder.
      BAV, severe aortic stenosis replaced and single bypass done 9/30/15 by Dr. Joseph Coselli, CHI St. Luke's Hospital, Houston. Clinical trial Edwards Rapid Deployment Intuity (tissue) Valve. Cardiologist is Dr. Jose Diez, Baylor Clinic.
      Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
      Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by honeybunny View Post
        I saw similar issues on a site for widows/widowers years ago. One non widowed person lurked there to gather information for a book she was writing that basically dissed widowed folk. She had married a widower and didn't like the ways he kept remembrances of his deceased wife around. All of us legitimate members had a huge case of red ass about it.

Yes, always good to be cautious when online. Thanks for the reminder.
        that's just plain disgusting

Comment

• honeybunny
          honeybunny commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to Amazon where the book was for sale and wrote a review about the whole mess.
      Working...
      X