Travel Insurance

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker first time thread starter. ? This site has been a great source of information for me, hopefully I can help out others with information at some stage too.
I'm wondering if anyone on AC therapy has managed to get international travel insurance that covers bleeding complications, strokes and haemorrhages. Travel insurance companies seem to class Warfarin use as a pre-existing condition due to it's list of serious side effects and will offer cover but with the bleeding complications excluded. I know similar threads have been started but I could not find this information -> has anyone purchased a policy for international travel that covers Warfarin use and it's list of complications/side effects? Thanks in advance.

Not sure I understand your meaning. No-one has ever even mentioned that. There have been questions about my having a heart surgery, but once it was clarified it was valve not congestive heart failure it was all ok.
I am currently on an expat insurance here in Finland and have used travel insurance every trip. No-one ever asked me more than what medications are you on and I listed it.

Are you meaning you want them to pay for testing?

You pretty much won't get those problems you cite if you are self testing and monitoring...

Thanks Pellicle, that that answers my question perfectly. I think my googling has misinformed me ... would not be the first time.

Latest posts

Back