Ganglion Cyst

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taysgrama

Went to the ortho yesterday morning because I now have a lump on my ankle right where my son hit my ankle (cast for 3 weeks, yuck) and he said it is a ganglion cyst and he just wants to watch it for right now to see if it gets bigger or goes away. My question is: Do I need to worry about this with the coumadin I am on? Not really sure what I should do. The ortho said he does not think it is fluid filled so he does not want to try to aspirate it but he does not really want to go in a surgically remove it either since I am on coumadin, but it may come to that. I also am looking at knee surgery for the 5th time in the very near future since my meniscus tears all the time with little or no provacation. Already a little concerned about that too! Thanks all.....

By the way, my INR was 4.9 yesterday, so I took 1/2 a pill (half of 2.5mg) last night and will take a whole one tonight and retest in a couple of days. Can't figure out why I keep going that high. I have been taking 2.5mg per day since surgery May 16, 2008 and have not had any major ups like that except for the last month.

I've had one atop my left ankle since about 2001. My PCP drew out some of the gunk inside, but it did come back almost immediately, which he said would probably happen. He referred me to an orthopedic surgeon who does feet and I was told my foot would have to be immobilized for about 6-8 weeks in order for the cyst not to come back.

I haven't pursued it.

I have a synovial cyst on one of my toes. That may not get fixed. I can live with that.

They used to slam BIG books on the Ganglion cysts, but I don't think they do that much anymore

Lord - lets hope not! I just barely got out of the stupid boot and cast and went back to work! LOL

I may just wait until they do my knee surgery and let them take that out at the same time since I will be off my right leg anyway after that surgery and this cyst is on my right ankle!

Lord - lets hope not! I just barely got out of the stupid boot and cast and went back to work! LOL

I may just wait until they do my knee surgery and let them take that out at the same time since I will be off my right leg anyway after that surgery and this cyst is on my right ankle!

Some people call them Bible bumps, because people used to slam them with the Bible since it was usually the biggest book laying around. Doctors used to use their medical books...could you imagine going to a doc and having them slam you with a book? I wonder what the charge was lol

I hope all your leg problems are better soon.

I had one on my wrist my mom slammed that's how I remebered that.

Had one on the wrist, and I used to whap it with heavy books, pieces of wood, whatever. It would go down for a while but always came back. This went on for several years. Finally went in and got them to surgically remove it. They cut it open and then had to scrape it off the tendon. They were using a local and I could feel it, but it was no big deal. That did the trick - it did not come back. Being on Warfarin should not even be a factor for a minor procedure like that. Just schedule it to be removed if its bothering you. No sweat. No change needed in dosing or INR level, and you don't need to bother with bridging.

Since my ankle is still painful from the injury - I really don't wanna whack it with anything. It hurts to just touch it, let alone hit it! The main thing I am concerned about in regards to surgery to remove it is that I would have to be immobile for a few weeks and since I just went back to work 2 weeks ago from the actual injury that caused this stupid thing, I really don't wanna have to be off again for something there. I will be having knee surgery again in the very near future I will just wait and let my ortho take it out then!!! I thought these things weren't supposed to be painful? They lied....thats for sure. They are painful!

Thanks for all the advice guys....you are all awesome! And that does include you too, Ross! LOL

Latest posts

Back