Aortic valve guidelines from the STS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys, but I don't have the time to read the entire study. Are their survival rates raw data (just number of patients living vs. dead, regardless of cause) or are they adjusted to exclude patients who died of non-valve-related causes? Relative survival rate (excluding patients who died of other unrelated causes) would tell me more about what to expect directly/purely from the valve implant. General survival rates may be heavily (or lightly) affected by the age of the study population, as aging populations tend to die off.

"Percent survival" for the 50-70 age category is less than 50% at the fifteen year mark.

I'm pretty sure that much more than 50% of 60 year olds in the general population make it to 75. In fact, the vast majority of them do.

Brushed over this article but will have an indepth read tommorrow, a few things stuck out to me to start with as there have been many of these things come up over the last few months in the forum such as the dental prophylaxisis, and the fairly constant AC therapy issue, self management is the ticket,

I see it also cover many other issues such as the Ross, TAVI, haven't got to the long term survivability after AVR bit yet , if my Dad can go 30 + years on his valve and mismanaged AC I'm pretty sure I'll be right :)
The safety of lower
levels of anticoagulation is improved with patientcontrolled anticoagulation [157].

prophylactic antibiotics for all dental
or surgical procedures to prevent prosthetic endocarditis. (Level of evidence C)

Lower risks of thromboembolism and
anticoagulant-related bleeding have been achieved with
patient-monitored anticoagulation.

Merry Christmas to you all !!

Latest posts

Back