On-X Aortic Heart Valves: Safer with Less Warfarin On-X Aortic Heart Valves: Safer with Less Warfarin

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kiwi Fruit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi Fruit

A friend was telling me about how his Nan was told to eat 2 kiwi fruit a day instead of being put on aspirin, he reckoned it stopped your blood clotting and lowered the fat in your blood, I told him sounds like horse doo doo to me but it appears he was right, now I'll have to tell him he was right...

http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science...lood-clot-risk
    27mm St Jude mechanical AVR, mitral valve repaired.Surgery 4th Nov15 at 39 yrs old. Bicuspid Aorta.40 yrs old.Sternal wires removed 28th Oct 16.

Originally posted by Warrick View Post
    A friend was telling me about how his Nan was told to eat 2 kiwi fruit a day instead of being put on aspirin, ..., I told him sounds like horse doo doo to me but it appears he was right, now I'll have to tell him he was right...
    Douh >.<

Well nothing wrong with being wrong for the right reasons.

Comment

And they're delicious

Comment

Keep in mind that Kiwi has a fair amount of Vitamin K in it, approximately 27.8 micrograms per Kiwi (according to the U.S.D.A.), so if you start eating a lot of them and you notice an INR drop, it's probably that. And yes there are delicious, my youngest son and I can eat bowls of them by ourselves.
        I had a bicsupid aortic valve that was not discovered until I was 30 years old.
        Aortic valve and aortic root replacement via Bentall Procedure on March 5, 2012. Surgery was performed by Dr. Lynn McGrath at Deborah Heart and Lung Center in New Jersey.

Comment

I have been eating KIwi fruit more fruits, vegetables and salads. So far I have lost 5 pounds. My Coumadin dosage was 5 MG per day to stay in my INR Range of 1.8-2.2.
          Twice a week now I take 7.5 mg of Coumadin to maintain my proper INR Range.
          March 18, 2013- at age 57- "Mechanical Composite Root Replacement and Aggressive Hemi-arch Reconstruction". 25mm On-X Aortic Valve with an attached 34 mm Valsalva Aortic Graft and a 24mm Transverse Aortic Arch Graft- Dr. Joseph E. Bavaria. University of Pennsylvania Hospital. (HUP) Dream On....On to the Heart Of the Sunrise"-YES [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5jGG4sH2Cc[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X