28 hours until I head to the hospital.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great stuff ... I'm sure you'll do well.

Take care to hug that pillow tight when you sneeze or cough ... avoid 'crumbly' foods (just incase) and see you on the other side mate :)

You'll do just fine! I found that in the last few days immediately prior to my valve surgery, I became almost Zen-like calm. All of the decisions were made. Everything was in the hands of others. All I had to do was to be there on time and follow instructions. It is a lot like being on a conveyor belt. Just follow the plan and all will happen as it is supposed to.

I was there two months ago, I felt the same way you do now.

It was amazing that I don't remember being in the OR at all, though I was supposedly awake going in. I think whatever they gave me had a little amnesia effect on it because I don't remember anything past the prep room. I just remember waking up and thinking, did they do it??

Only advice I have is to move around when you can in the days afterwards... It might hurt a little, but it will help your general comfort level afterwards.

Anyway, good luck..

YOU GOT THIS!

Been in the same spot 1.5 years ago. Looks like you are in for a great "tune-up" I hope you will be able to enjoy very soon the improved performance. Greetings from Portland Oregon!

May your surgical team be at peak performance. One of my favorite expressions is, “This, too, shall pass.” See you on the other side!

When you feel up to it, you’ll have to check back in and share your waking moment. For some (meaning at least me. Both times) it really stays with you as a hard etched memory. A good one. Just the little things. My dad saying, “Yup. He’s awake.” back when I was 17 (1990). Or eightish years ago telling the nurse, “Feeling pretty sexy.” when asked how I was doing.

Latest posts

Back