Artificial mitral valve needs replaced

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mom2angel

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
hi all,
just stressing, looking for similar stories. My 25mm St. Judes artificial mitral valve is too small for me. I've had it for 24 years and It's been too small for several years. I just started showing symptoms a few months ago, so now it's all becoming too real for me. The shortness of breath has been here a month or so. The fatigue actually started about 2 years ago, but it's easy to chalk that up to being busy, raising kids, etc. I am 37 years old, active, and at a healthy weight. I'm getting tired of being tired all the time.
this will be my 3rd valve replacement. All in the mitral position. I'm starting to get anxious, because I don't have any dates set. I'm a planner. I like to know things in advance. Right now, the Dr. said it's not an emergency and to come back in 6 months for another stress echo, instead of the normal 1 year. He also said that I have to decide how much this is affecting my life. So, I think he left the ball in my court. I think they will do surgery whenever I say I'm ready. I feel like my symptoms are getting worse by the day. But, I don't know when to act on this. So, I'm overthinking it instead. Haha
Does anyone else have any insight as to when they were told to do surgery to replace an artificial valve that was too small? I will call the Dr. if it gets serious. Thanks,
Jill

Latest posts

Back