No announcement yet.

Here we go again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new valve for Halloween! Good luck with the redo.
    1997: At 33 yo, diagnosed Bicuspid Aortic Valve w/ Severe Aortic Stenosis (1.0cm2)
    2010: BAV w/ SAS (.7 cm2), mean Pressure gradiant: 42mm HG.
    2011: Mechnical valve, On-X, AVR Scheduled Jan 13, w/ Dr. J Alan Wolfe at NorthEast Georgia Medical Center
    [url]http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tracylynnphillips[/url]
    "Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett

Comment

I hope everything goes well with AVR2 for you. I did very well with my 2d replacement 3 years ago. My pig valve had lasted 6 years, and also had a torn flap resulting in regurgitation, but I only learned of that after surgery. I'm curious about your decision to get a 2d pig valve. I tried to reason myself into another tissue valve and just couldn't do it. Also, my surgeon was adamant that he wouldn't do it. (And this IS just curiosity, not a challenge.)
      Re-do AVR 2/12/14. ATS 22mm. Dr Luis Rosado-Lopez, Tucson Medical Center.
      Pericardial window, 4/18/08, Inova Fairfax, Dr Niv Ad.
      Bicuspid Aortic Valve replaced at age 60 (Medtronic Mosaic) 1/30/08, Inova Fairfax, Dr Alan Speir.

Comment

I just didn't want to have to deal with the warfarin and all the testing/blood sticks that goes with it. Yes, I know it's fine once you've gotten it in order. But it's another damned pill. And I'm taking so many pills right now I just didn't want to add more. I've talked with friends that have mechanical and they complain about the noise. Yes many people can turn it off after a while. But .....I just decided to make my life a little easier for now. Yes, I know this could involve another surgery. But...I've accepted that. The surgeon is fine with either decision.
        Porcine Aortic Valve Replacement - CPMC Feb 2012
        Performed by Dr Vincent Gaudiani

Comment

Originally posted by dcc617 View Post
          . And I'm taking so many pills right now I just didn't want to add more.
          Being on lots of other medications may also complicate warfarin management
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X