No announcement yet.

10 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry I missed your 2 days after post. But I'm really happy to hear from you. Weird to say about a stranger on the internet but you've been in my thoughts. Glad things are going relatively well. I'm hope things just get easier for you from here on out.

I finally got the green light from the VA so Monday it's my turn.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamy885 View Post
      I'm doing really good during the day; walking, drinking water, eating, resting. Nights are bad. I'm getting horrible headaches (I'm not on any narcotics, just Tylenol), horrible nightmares and hot flashes.
      Hi Heather - gotta rush here but just wanted to say that if you are getting nightmares are you on beta blockers ? They usually prescribe beta blockers post surgery and they can give very lucid dreams and nightmares as a side effect - if that is the case the beta blocker can be changed to a different one which may not give such a side effect.

Bet your boys are happy to have you home !
      Anne - Congenital bicuspid aortic valve. AVR 6th January 2014 CE Perimount bovine Magna Ease Aortic valve - 19 mm. St Anthony's Hospital London, UK, anaesthetist Dr JP van Besouw, surgeon Prof Jahangiri. Also atypical Type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, small airways disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleowoman View Post
        Hi Heather - gotta rush here but just wanted to say that if you are getting nightmares are you on beta blockers ? They usually prescribe beta blockers post surgery and they can give very lucid dreams and nightmares as a side effect - if that is the case the beta blocker can be changed to a different one which may not give such a side effect.

Bet your boys are happy to have you home !
        Yes they are very happy to have me home! I'm on a low dose of Carvedilol, which the nurse today said it's motoporol (so?) that tends to give nightmares. I'm hearing elsewhere that the surgery itself can cause them. I had no headache or nightmares last night but I also didn't really sleep, night-time is an eternity! Finally at 5:30am I crawled in bed next to my bf (I had been attempting to sleep on the couch) and I laid on my side and had the best 2 hours of sleep in a week!
        Heather (Age 31) Shone's Complex. May 12th 2017 AVR replacement (mechanical) and mitral valve repair

Comment

Sleepings the worst for a start, I remember the first night I was home I tried to sleep in the bed, ended up most of the night even rung the hospital, terrible experience, slept in a recliner chair in the lounge for 3 weeks.
          27mm St Jude mechanical AVR, MV repaired.4/11/15 at 39 yrs old. BAVD.. Sternal wires removed 28/10/16.

Comment

Working...
          X