Surgery scehduled for 2/20/17

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Judy. I am starting to get a nervous but am trying to stay as relaxed as possible. I am out of town for a family wedding right now which should help with the anxiety. Unfortunately not able to have any drinks to calm my nerves.

Patrick7651;n873098 said:
I initially was freaking out over the prospect of the surgery. I was so concerned about whether I would make it through to the other side. It really hit me hard. After finding this site and reading the great posts i slowly started to loose the bulk of my anxiety. After my past few days in Cleveland get my pre op tests and talking to the Dr., I am actually looking forward to the surgery to get it done and get my strength back for the summer. Definitely not as anxious as i was, but we'll have to see how my knees are doing when I walk in for surgery.

Patrick.

I cant deny i was a bit wobbly bottom lip waiting to go into theatre for the op. But thats to be expected mate. Remember that you'll be fast asleep when all the stuff is going to happen. You'll wake up drowsy for sure, but then get your head around your recovery and getting back to normal. I have to say whilst waiting in hospital for the op i kind of changed my attitude to (passive worry and more to... F**k this, lets have it and bring it on) This helped mate and I was in much better shape had I been in a more worried state of mind. You'll be fine buddy.

Latest posts

Back