Soon flying out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catie

Finally... I fly to Cleveland this Sunday. It has been a long, complicated and challenging journey, getting to this point.

Appointments run Monday through Wednesday and surgery is expected this coming Thursday, Sept. 29. to fix the aortic aneurysm and replace my dilated aortic root and stenotic valve.

After a cross-country move to assist my elderly parents (just my dad now; mom suffered a hemorrhage and passed) in late 2014, I haven't had a chance to rebuild my life here. There are no friends or family to accompany me. It's all been daunting and raaather stressful. And it's amazing how many issues, large and small, had to be worked out.

I'm almost as concerned about my stomach as my heart, because nearly all medications cause painful burning. But I should be in the best of hands with my heart.

Good luck Catie! I will be thinking of you each day this week. You'll be in the best of hands. How wonderful that you'll finally be getting everything fixed. I'm growing rather tired of the waiting room, myself. Will send prayers your way and when you feel up to it, send me a message and tell me all about it.

wishing a successful surgery and a chance to build the best life you wish for yourself. You'll definitely be rewarded for the sacrifices you made!

Looking forward to hear the good news of your surgery. Meanwhile, I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Hey
Glad you made the call.

I know it's hard, but I keep telling myself to get up and go. For sure there are times to sit down and just let it all pass over you, and you should take those opportunities as they can be taken.

As one who has no surviving anyone (my wife was the last to go) I understand that it's challenging to keep going.

I'm packing house into a few boxes and posting to Finland , where I'll be flying out to in a few weeks. Sold the house I grew up in and cutting physical ties except a few friends.

So were all journeying somewhere.

You'll be right and you will surmount the challenges that present themselves to you. All you have to do is present yourself to the problem and usually a solution emerges.

The trick is to keep presenting yourself...

Best wishes

Everybody, each of you--thanks for the well wishes, prayers and encouragement!

Pellicle, I wish you all the best with your personal journey, the turns you are making. Relocating is such a major undertaking.

Long travel day, due to two hour delay, but was promptly delivered to my hotel upon landing. Very convenient. Walked over to the heart building and snooped around, looked at the art, ate a sandwich.

Full day of preop various tests tomorrow.

It sure is getting real.

Best wishes to you Catie! You're a brave soldier facing this challenge alone...you're in my thoughts & prayers!

Thanks, you guys!! Steve, I love that about leaving the light on. :)

Pre-op appointments and meet anesthesiologist and surgeon tomorrow.

Been a bit of a rough ride so far. Ready for clear communication, good bedside manner, and for them to be watchful over my stomach issues, as well as the cardiac ones.

Back