It's time!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgilbert

Hey guys,

Well, after watching my BAV for around four or five years, my last ECHO showed some left ventricle growth, so I was finally referred to a surgeon... I have just gone through a Cardiac CT and it was determined that everything looks fine otherwise, and that I am ready... The surgeon is planning to do a mini thoracotomy, which I am pretty happy about! Surgery is scheduled for 9/7, so just under two weeks from now.. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible, and I figure I am ready as I will ever be! I will be getting a St. Jude mechanical valve. Thanks to this great forum I have learned pretty much what to expect. Let's roll!!

Brian

bgilbert;n867975 said:
Hey guys,

Well, after watching my BAV for around four or five years, my last ECHO showed some left ventricle growth, so I was finally referred to a surgeon... I have just gone through a Cardiac CT and it was determined that everything looks fine otherwise, and that I am ready... The surgeon is planning to do a mini thoracotomy, which I am pretty happy about! Surgery is scheduled for 9/7, so just under two weeks from now.. I wanted to get it done as soon as possible, and I figure I am ready as I will ever be! I will be getting a St. Jude mechanical valve. Thanks to this great forum I have learned pretty much what to expect. Let's roll!!

Brian
I'm excited for you brother. My time was seven weeks ago. Time to rock.

Best to you Brian. Today's medical advances have this operation down to a peace of cake. It would be interesting to see how much faster your recovery goes with a mini thoracotomy than a full sternum split. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Back