Is this afib? Three years out.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DachsieMom

I am a little over 3 years post surgery with a mechanical valve. All has generally been great. However, I have been working a ridiculous amount of hours lately and barely sleeping. Yesterday, I had a migraine with aura and last night after drive home 4 hours from a business trip I think I had afib. It was about 3 hours after I arrived home. I was just siting. Suddenly my heart was racing like crazy and skipping beats. It only lasted a few minutes. I think this is a signal I need to rest. This morning, after yet another night of 4-5 hrs sleep, I took my blood pressure and it was 147/70. Last week at my annual physical it was totally normal. My inr has been low lately - 1.7 last week and 2 this week. Plan to call my cardio today but has anyone else experienced this afib issue due to lack of sleep? Scared the heck out of me.

Sounds like a bout of tachycardia. We all get skipped beats. If you were focussed on your heart rate, you would have noticed if more. Migraines, high BP. Sounds like you're sleep deprived and stressed. I know this, because I can totally relate.

Latest posts

Back