All done

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to hear you are now on the other side ! You're right it's now a journey, Make sure you get the right balance of rest and walking and breathing ! Do keep us posted. I used to be awake quite a lot at nights post surgery and this forum, being mostly American with some Australians, meant there were plenty of forum members around during the UK night and I got a lot of comfort and advice from them. And now there's a fair number of us Brtis too. Hopefully you will have a speedy and smooth recovery !

thank you Anne your help is very much appreciated and i did get the new valve, onwards and upwards.

great news, yes it is a journey try to enjoy it & drink it in.

you will learn alot about yourself and your loved ones .

i made the mistake post op of concentrating on my recovery looking ahead to getting fit instead of living in the moment.

enjoy the present , good luck

astle9;n881668 said:
on the other side now and just taking the recovery as it comes, this is a a journey.

welcome to this side ... and yes, it is a journey ... and we'll still be here (on our journeys) to compare notes and talk about issues along the way.

We are all "fellow travellers" (...well, except for those in the waiting room, who may never travel)

Welcome to the other side astle9. Once you get down the recovery path, you will find this a fairly nice side. Beats the waiting room and other alternatives.

astle9 - Welcome to the other side of the mountain, but watch out for all the traffic! There are a lot of us over here now, and we sometimes get a bit crazy. Soon you will feel well enough to be part of the mayhem.

As the others said, remember to live in the "now" but keep your sights set on the future. There may be speed bumps or complications in recovery (trust me, I hit almost all of them) but over time you will realize that those are merely bumps in the road to the "new you." "Normal" may not be what you expect, but it will be good.

epstns;n881774 said:
There you go, again, you cheeky monkey!

see I was right after all

... I read your response and almost spewed coffee onto my keyboard.

as I understand it, you're a married man I'm surprised you didn't always know that women know these things ... surely you've been told already.

I certainly was ;-)

let me know if I need to fund a replacement keyboard ... I feel somehow responsbile

Do you have any of the buckling-spring ("clicky") keyboards? I only use these old things, as they remind me of my days pounding away on electric typewriters and the old IBM terminals.

But. . . we're OK this time. The spray was averted and clicky is safe.

Back