Here is when I knew I would be fine...even though I needed OHS / AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heart Of The Sunrise

i am 5 years post-op com 3/18/18. I love telling this story. This is when I knew I was going to be fine. I found out about my condition in early October 2012. I informed my girlfriend (now wife) at the time that we needed to go to church on Thanksgiving of 2012......although we never did before. As we were leaving the church on Thanksgiving a couple who had been members of the Church for 22 years and never went to church on Thanksgiving decided they needed to be there on this Thanksgiving. We left at the very same time and we started talking... I mentioned that i was very thankful that I found out about my serious heart condition. Then she said..." what are you going to have Aortic Valve replacement surgery?".....turns out their son had the same surgery with the same surgeon....Dr. Bavaria -University of Pennsylvania.

Funny thing about those signs isn't it? Some it only takes a whisper and others need a good swift kick! Great experience to read :)

Latest posts

Back