Lower left ventricle ejection fraction post valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I had mild to moderate weakening in my left ventricle pre surgery (40-45%), 3 months post op it's only 30-35%. I'm 39 and in great health aside from this. I had rheumatic heart disease as a kid from step throat. I'm really worried about my EF and wondering if anyone else saw this happen, and did your EF rebound in time? If so, what did you do treatment wise to help? How long did it take and how much did out rebound by? Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum. I can't speak directly to your issue but want to let you know you will find great support here. I think many folks are into the holiday swing of things so responses may be slow in coming. On the Staying the Course thread I gave a shoutout because the usual posters hadn't checked in. A few did today, citing holidays and work projects keeping there schedules busy.

Have you consulted with your cardio about about your concerns? I'm presuming a three-month follow up echo showed those numbers. What surgery did you have and are you on any meds? Proving a bit of background may help others supply answers.

Michele

Latest posts

Back