Is Medtronic Aortic (Metallic)Valve Prosthesis (Size 27MM) MRI compatible?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yasserwarm

Hi All, i went through Aortic valve replacement in Nov 2009 to a Medtronic Aortic (Metallic)Valve Prosthesis (Size 27MM) and Mitral valve repair (Posterior Mitral Annuloplasty with C Shaped teflon + Alfieri repair) . For almost over a month i have been feeling dizzy whenever I move around and sense of weakness in my body. I got everything checked Echo, sugar level, thyroid, INR etc and everything looks to be normal. Finally i when to a neurologist and explain my situation. He assured everything is fine and just had the feeling since I was out in the sun for 45 mins the previous day it started.

But i have the issue for almost a month and that does not seem to be right. I think I have a issue and will mostly go for a MRI scan of my head/brain to be sure. So my question is since I have a past with valve replacement et all is it safe to go ahead with the MRI?

I am not in my home country were I had my surgery so cannot get this checked with them and I do not have any card/paper which states it is safe. So can someone help here? This feeling of dizziness or I think it’s like a motion sickness is really troubling me. Just looking up and down at the keyboard and the screen is giving me a dizzy/zoned out feeling.

Welcome to the forum. You should have been provided with a "wallet card" after your surgery that contained info and contact numbers for this type of information. Contact Medtronics and get your ID card........it will save you time and frustration when needed in the future.

FWIW, I've had those feelings a few times over the years that proved to be not heart, or valve related......but turned out to be seasonal/weather related.

Thanks for the reply D, i am currently staying in Dubai so i sent a mail to the local Medtronics office checking for the same. Awaiting there reply on it. Will keep you posted.

Regarding the weather it sure is hot here now you think its cause of the heat i get the feeling? I hope tats just it cause it really gives me the creeps thinking if i have other health issues :(

Back