Sternal Pain 5 Weeks Post-Op.?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what sort of physical therapy they have in mind for you. My cardiac rehab included riding a stationary bicycle, walking on an inclined treadmill and some very basic handbell exercises. We started out with only about 3 or 4 lbs., but the technicians could tell who could handle more, and pushed us to do so. Their weight set only went up to 15 lbs., and that is the largest ones I have at home, so I just do more reps. (Try doing 35-40 curls with a 15 lb. weight and you'll improve muscle definition. . . )

The other thing I did to "enhance" the impact cardio rehab had on me was to keep going to my own fitness club. I had rehab on 3 days a week, and did the same routine at my own club the other 2 days each week. Basically, I did rehab 5 days a week for 12 weeks. I also walked in the evenings and on the weekends. In fact, I still do the weights, fitness center and walk as often now as I did then.

epstns;n876705 said:
I wonder what sort of physical therapy they have in mind for you. My cardiac rehab included riding a stationary bicycle, walking on an inclined treadmill and some very basic handbell exercises. We started out with only about 3 or 4 lbs., but the technicians could tell who could handle more, and pushed us to do so. Their weight set only went up to 15 lbs., and that is the largest ones I have at home, so I just do more reps. (Try doing 35-40 curls with a 15 lb. weight and you'll improve muscle definition. . . )

The other thing I did to "enhance" the impact cardio rehab had on me was to keep going to my own fitness club. I had rehab on 3 days a week, and did the same routine at my own club the other 2 days each week. Basically, I did rehab 5 days a week for 12 weeks. I also walked in the evenings and on the weekends. In fact, I still do the weights, fitness center and walk as often now as I did then.

I'm basically doing the same thing. Not exactly sure what physical therapy they have in mind either, but I'll take what I can if it helps. This is such a slowwwww process.

I hide out in a corner of the gym & do 5-8lb. curls forever just to feel a minimal pump. Like you, doing a lot of walking in the evenings as well. Have always hated cardio. - but hope to stick to walking afterwards.

Latest posts

Back