Wed makes 4 weeks since MVR( Vitamins Qs)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Was doing well. Had a little hiccup last week.Back in ICU for 3 days with a racing heart. Has knocked it outta me.. I feel so pumped full of drugs though I've resisted the pain killers and feel I need to balance them out with vitamins and magic potions :} Started on Vit C and B complex and Omega 3,6,9 yesterday. Any suggestions welcomed.. What about magnesium and zinc ? Best wishes to you all .Judy

Guest;n875458 said:
Was doing well. Had a little hiccup last week.Back in ICU for 3 days with a racing heart. Has knocked it outta me.. I feel so pumped full of drugs though I've resisted the pain killers and feel I need to balance them out with vitamins and magic potions :} Started on Vit C and B complex and Omega 3,6,9 yesterday. Any suggestions welcomed.. What about magnesium and zinc ? Best wishes to you all .Judy
Hi Judy - from what I understand youu should not resist pain killers as the fastest way to get back to health is to keep doing the breathing exercises and walking. I was unable to take pain killers after day 6 of AVR becasue a) the side effects were very bad and b) they didn't work anyway, that is the ones they put me on after ICU didn't work (tramadol and dihydrocodeine - one needs a certain liver enzyme for them to be effective). So I was unable to do the breathing exercises and, although I did walking round our living room, I was in such a lot of pain that everything took ages - certinaly at four weeks I was still in considerable pain. Cardiologist recommended cardiac rehab at about 6 or 8 weeks, I can't remember, which he thought would help with the pain.

I made sure I had as good a diet as possible post surgery - unable to eat properly for several weeks, lost a lot of weight which didn't help, but what I ate was nourishing, green veggies, red meat, oily fish. I take several supplements which I carried on taking post surgically: omega 3's, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, vitamin A, CoQ10, a little magnesium citrate (too much gives me the runs) and some potassium citrate.

Hope you feel better soon.

As Anne (Paleowoman) said, if you need the pain meds, by all means, take them. They will allow you to move and begin to use your heart and muscles while healing begins. My only caution, if you do take any prescription pain meds, is to carefully watch your intestinal/digestive function. When I first came back from surgery, they had me taking narcotic pain meds. Although I only took 1/4 to 1/2 of the prescribed dose, the meds pretty much brought my digestive system to a halt. For me, this was so profound that I wound up being re-admitted to the hospital at about 4 weeks post-op to get it all "moving" again. I had such nasty symptoms they thought I might have had endocarditis. Evaluation showed it to "only" be digestive reluctance. I was in the hospital another 3 days for that, and was sent home with instructions to take MiraLax to keep things moving. They even told me that once things started to regulate again, I was to take 1/2 doses of MiraLax for a couple of weeks just to be sure it all stayed smooth.

Of course pellicle swears by kimchi (Korean pickled cabbage, I think) as his solution to the same problem, but I never tried it. The MiraLax was easy enough.

epstns;n875462 said:
Of course pellicle swears by kimchi (Korean pickled cabbage, I think) as his solution to the same problem, but I never tried it. The MiraLax was easy enough.

I'm willing to bet that KimChi tastes better :)

pellicle;n875466 said:
I'm willing to bet that KimChi tastes better :)

Actually, the MiraLax only tastes like what you mix it with. Mixed with orange juice, it just tastes like orange juice. I wonder what it tastes like if I mix it with scotch?

Haha..thanks guys...funny...

no little red box showed up saying my post had replies...

Have copied your list Anne and will do the same.Thank You.

I took a pain killer last night.. and i know what you mean about the constipation..TMI ? :}

Trying to keep on top of the low(sad) feelings ...don't want to use the D word..

It's a lot to do with the situation I'm in here too and not just the surgery. The few friends I have here have all gone off on hols at the same time and all over the world too..

Just another 2 weeks till I go back to my doggies and kitten who has turned into a cat whilst I've been gone.

I'm putting on weight sadly because they've reduced to a 1/3 my thyroxin dose after the A FIB scare.. That's probably having the D effect on me too.

Have a nice day y'all x

Latest posts

Back